Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: What to do if your dog gets poisoned...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    this whole chocolate thing mystery to me. as a child, had a dog eat whole huge hershey bar (one of those 8 inch types). nobody panicked, dog admonished, no sickness. my 2 dogs i have now have eaten chocolate (they steal it from kitchen). no problems. so don't quite get the dog/chocolate thing.

    and, yes, googled it. never had a dog sick, let alone die, from chocolate.
    Cass, my grandparents' dog used to eat Snickers bars. The dog seemed healthy other than being pretty darn fat. I'm pretty sure she lived a normal doggie lifespan.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post

    Did you know, btw (I was surprised to find out) that grapes and raisins are actually poisonous to dogs? In addition to onions...
    I used to let my toy poodle eat small amounts of grapes and apples until he got a really bad intestinal bug. My vet told me that it was important not to feed him fruits due to the risk of bacterial infections and the potential development of diabetes. So, I haven't let him have any fruit since then. He does enjoy ice cubes (I crunch them up for him). He's 14 years old.

    BTW, my Great Aunt used to let her dog eat muscadines and he did eventually die of diabetes related health problems.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

  3. #23
    It's funny how they absolutely adore ice. All of mine do as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts