Thread: Next Mobility

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA

Next Mobility

Next Mobility purchased Teftec, the manufacturer of the OmegaTrac power wheelchair.

Last summer I noticed a small oil leak at the base of my right front wheel.
    Spoke with the technical department and technician knew right away that a seal on the end of the transaxle was leaking. When I inquired as to how much fluid the axle held, he told me 13 ounces. I knew then that I could wait until my backup powerchair was delivered.

I used the OmegaTrac until two weeks ago when VA contractor picked up chair for repair.

Next Mobility will not let the mechanic repair seal on transaxle. They say it's too difficult and there are liability issues. Plus there may be other things wrong that I don't know about.

Send chair and cost is $10,000 up front and will be more if they find something. Outrageous! The VA spent $5,000 to purchase the front power panel last summer when only the charging plug required replacing. Plug is about $2.50

I have been using chair for 4 and a half years and the only thing wrong is the seal. A couple rubber grommets that support the fiberglass body need replaced but thats it. Runs perfect.

I have absolute trust in mechanic. Diesel and automotive mechanic for twenty years before starting equipment repair company.

Gary said that Next Mobility might be charging $100 a hour for shop time.
    Total ripoff.

The VA having spent about 13 grand on the chair originally said no way and very kindly of them, offered to purchase a new OmegaTrac.

Not sure I want to reward this asshole company by ordering a new chair as I am extremely pissed off because this chair would last many more years. What if something else broke?

May need to look into Permobil.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Do you know who at next you spoke too? They've been extremely hlepful for me but I only work with Tailwind Power Assist. I don't usually do power chairs.