Thread: air mattress

air mattress

hi,

I'm looking at getting a new air mattress mainly because the pump on the one I use at the moment is very loud. I am a quadriplegic and would be mainly in the same position all night. I was wondering if something like this would do the job

http://www.kci-medical.co.uk/cs/Sate...=UK-ENGWrapper

don't know much about the company but from what I've read they seem quite reliable. this mattress doesn't need to be plugged in which would also be great. would it provide enough pressure relief? opinions?

can anyone help?

Blog Entries
    I know the company from toting around their wound vacs. They can afford to make a good product 'cause they are making a KILLING off the wound vacs, lol.
    Seriously tho, the mattress looks like a winner, good design. Their are a few different air mattress mfgrs out their. Take your time, research and eventually, others will chime in. Their are a bunch of threads on mattresses, air mattresses included, do a search. Good luck!

Have you thought about trying to silence the compressor you have now, somehow? What are you using?

I know that mattress. It is a mid-level prevention surface, and does not provide the same pressure reduction nor air flow you will get with a LAL (low air loss mattress). If you have good skin, and can turn, and are not currently trying to heal a pressure ulcer, this mattress may be sufficient, but it is NOT a treatment mattress, so I would suggest that if you currently need a LAL mattress you keep looking for a higher pressure reducing surface. KCI makes them, as well as several other companies.

(KLD)

thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm in the same position all-night so it looks like I will have to stick with the motorised one but at least now I know! SciNurse- thank you so much for all your help.

air mattress

I'm quardiplagic from India. I use air mattress and it seems that it's not possible for me to be without it. I need to buy a new and durable one. Please let me know how to choose… My weight is between 60 and 70 KG. I have no movement below neck & I have one bad sore at my left hip.

Regards
    Saumitra

Foreign brands are very expensive for me. The brands which I can afford are in two varieties: one is with bubbles & other is with long cells.

Saumitra