Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: penis shrinks

penis shrinks

recently ive noticed my penis is really shrinking almost goes up inside especially when im about to urinate but not always sometimes hes just all shrunk up any ideas or anyone else have this happen i think my testicles might be swelled a bit too
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Spastic Bladder? Are u overweight? I was obese and I had this problem I recently loss 100 lbs and this went away.
    Appreciate the small gains and the large ones will be ignored!!

happens when you put the weight on, turtle effect

This is not related to weight gain (that's a different cause of shrinkage or, more accurately, retraction). For many of us, retraction occurs when the bladder gets full resulting in a temporary autonomic stress -- mild AD. My urologist, who sees lots of SCIs, told me this is a very common phenomenon.

hold on Stephen, you are saying that shrinkage is not related to weight gain, that is wrong. While "turtling" is caused by the bladder being full, apparent size of that organ is diminished with additional weight. Read an article in journal saying that men lose size according to weight gain.

thanks for the replys i havent gained any weight just have a shrinking penis i will probly go to the doctor soon

Blog Entries

How to avoid noticing the shrinkage:

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    recently ive noticed my penis is really shrinking almost goes up inside especially when im about to urinate but not always sometimes hes just all shrunk up any ideas or anyone else have this happen i think my testicles might be swelled a bit too
    How to avoid noticing the shrinkage:
    1. don't look,
    2. flatten your quad belly
    3. add your p into your daily range of motion routine
    4. hire a fluffer

I believe what wheelin is referring to is the occasional shrinkage, not the more permanent reduction in the size, of the penis. The occasional shrinkage could occur when either your bladder or bowels are under so-called stress. This can also occur when the temps down there get either very warm or very cold. This affects those with condom catheters especially as the condom simply falls off when the penis gets retracted, literally disappearing.

The more permanent shrinkage, or actually reduction, does occur for a number of reasons including weight gain or an increase in the size of your gut even if you don't increase your overall weight. In the 20+ years since SCI, I've seen a one-inch reduction in the size of my penis. I've seen my gut increase as well but I am speculating that the whole "if you don't use it, you'll lose it" element might also be in play.

Either way, it's remarkable to see several inches of your penis literally disappear but there is truly nothing that can be done IMO.

thanks yall i think i may have a fistula too do you think that could cause this problem im not sure

Ok I was no Johnny Wad in my pre SCI life but I have the same problem and I am sure the few extra pounds that I have put on don’t help but when I ask my urologist about the shrinking of my Manbone he referred to is as an inverted penis, if that makes any since