Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: new ROUND BETTY DINO pictures

new ROUND BETTY DINO pictures

Here are some good pictures of the new Dino wheel from Round Betty. They are now available from dealers listed on the website...there will be more dealer links added shortly.

I just received my new red-spoked Dinos yesterday -- they're great! I've been running Spinergy LXs for about the past 2 years and they've been good to me, but the Dinos, I'm sure, will be better.

Weight-wise it's a wash between the two, but the difference with the new 27-position stop Surelock discs I had made for them is considerable -- the spoke flex is all but gone, which makes the chair feel even more secure. (BTW, the new Surelock clips have more stop positions than D's plus the holes are spaced closer together -- the stop positioning is as precise as this technology is going to get.)

I'll take some photos of the wheels on my chair in the days ahead; in the meantime, here's a pic taken by Jack Roberts, the owner of http://surelockinc.com

p.s. Fuente, you really should have gone with my complete ZR Surelock set-up. Have I ever steered you wrong?
    Last edited by Jim; 02-18-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added URL

Can't wait to buy a pair! Sellin stuff on ebay right now. Hopefully by early March.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I just received my new red-spoked Dinos yesterday -- they're great! I've been running Spinergy LXs for about the past 2 years and they've been good to me, but the Dinos, I'm sure, will be better.
    I've never even heard of Dinos..I have spinergy..why are Dinos better?
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    I've never even heard of Dinos..I have spinergy..why are Dinos better?
    Tubular aluminum spokes insteab of a bendable type of fiber like the Spinergy's. Much more rigid and easier to push. They just came out in December so not many know about them I don't think. I'd look into getting some if I were you!

How much different than the New Fusion wheels?

Hi Stephen, you know that i did a order of my new chair not along in http://www.ortoracing.com/.
    This guys of this web are an architect and engineer cycling enthusiasts, that is why after the accident one of them translate their cycling enthusiasts for sport chairs enthusiasts, because they built handcycles,chair for tennis, basketball, etc. and of course active chairs for daily use.
    Well, i was speaking with them and they told me that Spinergys are not the best wheels of the high rage for bikes, of course they probably have the best look for our wheelchairs and are good enough, but they are not the best wheels for cycling.
    He just gave me an example that a Sun Fusion wheels are better than a LX even the LX are lighter.
    So therefore i wouldn`t be surprise if your Dinos are better too.
    What is the weight of this dinos wheels?

And don`t mind gurly about which is better, i suposse stephen is referring to the rigidity of the wheels, but this difference maybe only give you a few seconds in a Marathon handbike or in a race bike, just for our daily chairs go for what you like more.
    Last edited by totoL1; 02-15-2010 at 09:02 AM.

stunning wheels, when they'll come on selling?
    T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004

1st Italian physiotherapist on a wheelchair

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    What is the weight of this dinos wheels?

I had a look to dinos web http://www.roundbetty.com/dino.php and they weight 1.7lbs.
    I have my LX dismantle waiting for new rims and i take the opportunity for weigh them, and they weight 661 grames = 1.46 lbs so there`s no much difference, but my wheels are with bearings, i don`t now if dinos weigh are with them.
    But i like dinos too, if they have a better price than Spinergys maybe they will be my next wheels too.

your enticing me friend. beautiful. how much are surelocks now.

Weight-wise it's a wash between the two, but the difference with the new 27-position stop Surelock discs I had made for them is considerable -- the spoke flex is all but gone, which makes the chair feel even more secure. (BTW, the new Surelock clips have more stop positions than D's plus the holes are spaced closer together -- the stop positioning is as precise as this technology is going to get.)

I'll take some photos of the wheels on my chair in the days ahead; in the meantime, here's a pic taken by Jack Roberts, the owner of Surelockinc.com.

p.s. Fuente, you really should have gone with my complete ZR Surelock set-up. Have I ever steered you wrong?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer