Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZR and Unitine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ZR and Unitine

hello I am going to order a new ZR, but i havent seen the frog legs unitine as optional on it, so i think to order them at sportaid...but i don't know:

1- if they fit zr (the 2010 model has the bearings in front forks,right?)

2- which measures I need, the barrel to floor in zr depends on caster measures (they will be 4") or whatelse?

thanks for the help

ps. anyone with pics?
    T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004

1st Italian physiotherapist on a wheelchair

The measure from the top to the floor of a unitine with 5" casters is 16 cm
    with 4" is 14,7cm or 13,4cm depends in what hole you put it, so you will have to take that into count when you order your tilite for your FSH

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    with 4" is 14,7cm or 13,4cm depends in what hole you put it, so you will have to take that into count when you order your tilite for your FSH
    thanks toto for the reply..and what do you mean with "FSH"?
    T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004

Front seat height

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    That picture looks familiar! I recently put a pair of these on my chair... Here's the picture of mine on... (the caster barrel to floor that I needed was 5" but the smallest they came in was 5.5". It raised my front end up a half inch but the slight amount of added dump is nice.) I also started this thread. (PS, these things look awesome!)

Another angle. you can see how it raised the front end a little. (the two vertical blue bars of the frame are usually perpendicular to the floor.)

Edit; I still haven't figured out how to make the pictures smaller. Sorry. The smallest setting is too small and the next size up is this size.

Provided your ZR is built with the three hole bearing fork, the lowest hole on the UniTine will correspond to the middle hole of the ZR's bearing fork.

With some configurations, TiLite uses a two hole "wide short bearing fork". I recently came across it on a 16x16TRc which had an 85 degree front frame, 11" footrest width, 18.5" front STF, and 4" casters. With the short bearing fork a 4" caster will only fit in the bottom hole. I've only seen it on that chair, but if they use that fork on your ZR, I don't know if the UniTine will work.

You may want to wait until you receive your ZR or get confirmation from TiLite that the standard wide bearing fork will be used when they build your chair.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Provided your ZR is built with the three hole bearing fork, the lowest hole on the UniTine will correspond to the middle hole of the ZR's bearing fork.

With some configurations, TiLite uses a two hole "wide short bearing fork". I recently came across it on a 16x16TRc which had an 85 degree front frame, 11" footrest width, 18.5" front STF, and 4" casters. With the short bearing fork a 4" caster will only fit in the bottom hole. I've only seen it on that chair, but if they use that fork on your ZR, I don't know if the UniTine will work.

You may want to wait until you receive your ZR or get confirmation from TiLite that the standard wide bearing fork will be used when they build your chair.
    thanks for the infos..and i'll wait for sure my ZR til order unitine to be sure they'll fit...

next week it is time to do that, finally!
    T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004

Looking at the pic which SCI_OTR post i can see there two kinds of unitine forks, one without bearings and another with a bearings housing.

The measure that i gave you i`m not really sure of what is it, but i suposse that are of the unitine with bearings housing, because those are the measures that my dealer gave me when i asked for them for my Quickie GTX, and for my quickie i would need the unitine with bearings on.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post

finally my ZR arrived, but it arrived with three holes forks and the 4" wheel is in the last (nearest to ground) hole...is it possible to have unitine with this configuration in your opinion?

ps. caster barrel to floor height is 15,7 cm (6.1 inch, right??)
    T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004