Thread: What is on your kindle?

What is on your kindle?

Or nook, sony reader or dead tree carcass?

I am a big sci-fi fan. Right now I am reading "The Prefect" by Alistar Renynolds. It is the second book of his I have read. Pretty good stuff, heavy on the AI and light on the aliens. I recently finished reading a bunch of books by Peter Hamilton, "The Night's Dawn" trilogy being the latest. If you like science fiction you should check him out. I am close to done with my latest book, anyone got something they like they would recommend?

Are the kindles good for the person who need to use bi-focals (me), do they hurt your eyes after staring at the screen for hours. Seems like it would be ideal for quads.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Are the kindles good for the person who need to use bi-focals (me), do they hurt your eyes after staring at the screen for hours. Seems like it would be ideal for quads.
    I use reading glasses as well (the joys of getting old). You can adjust the font size of the text on the kindle. The screens are great, it is just like reading a regular paper book.

Tom

Books on my Kindle:

- Classic literature (even books originally published in a foreign tongue, like Les fleurs du mal by Charles Baudelaire, an excellent book of poems from 19th century France).

- Political/Religious Commentary books (Examples: Christopher Hitchens, Paul Krugman, Nicholas Kristof)

- Dictionaries for French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and German.

- The Bible

- The Qur'an

- The Zohar (the mystic interpretation of the Hebrew Scriptures for Kabbalists)