Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this? I don't open links I don't know.

Question What is this? I don't open links I don't know.

New Private Message at CareCure Forums

Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:36 AM

"CareCure Forums" <wise.young@gmail.com>
    Add sender to Contacts

To:
    Mona email addy

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear Mona~on~wheels,

You have received a new private message at CareCure Forums from RooTModerators, entitled "Important message from the forum administration!".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
    Dear, anneliz;nikomaster;Mona~on~wheels;snepp;eye_man!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://security-tool2010.org/anneliz...nepp;eye_manIf you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your Internet provider.----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration sci.rutgers.edu.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/private.php

All the best,
    CareCure Forums

Ok, that is very fishy. Carecure can;t detect a virus on your computer, so whoever pm'd you that is trouble.

You should sent this to Steven Edwards and Wise Young to be sure they see it.

The member name isn;t in the list of members. DO you really have a PM here too? Or just the email?
    Last edited by sjean423; 02-11-2010 at 06:49 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

mona,

This does not come from CareCure. Somebody is sending you spam private messages. Please do not click any of the links. Thanks for posting this. We will track it down.

To everybody, neither the administrators (myself and Steven Edwards) nor moderators will ever send a private message (PM) like this to you. Let us know if you get anything like this.

Wise.

That's a spammer, Mona. We do not have the ability to detect viruses on your computer, so please don't visit the site.

Steven
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

This is definitely from a spammer who has registered and banned four times since Feb 4 2010. The most recent was Feb 10. I banned the IP address. Wise.

...and I just banned the email domains they use.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Steven, thanks. Wise.

Thanks, Wise.

I just added a warning against clicking links from unknown users to the PM page. I'll tweak it over time.

Mona, thanks for posting this!

Thank you so much Wise, Steven, Sjean & Judy. I really didn't think I had a virus. My anti virus didn't notify me & I was shaking my head that y'all could detect one. I'm so glad I didn't click anything. I knew y'all would help me out. What a great team y'all are!
    Thanks! Mona