Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price at Spinlife/SportAid vs. my local guys

Price at Spinlife/SportAid vs. my local guys

I'm going to buy a TiLite ZRa. I got a quote from a local DME guy at around $4100. Spinlife has the same thing for under $3300. How do they manage to get so much lower? It makes me nervous that there's something I'm missing like they're cheap knockoffs from China or the chairs from Spinlife aren't covered by the warranty. Am I just paranoid or what? Not to mention that the local guys will throw sales tax at me and over the internet I don't get hit with it. . .it's all too good to be true. . .as far as spending over $3000 to wheel my fat ass around in a wheelchair is considered "good".

Not cheap knock offs. I ordered a chair from Spinlife last year and it came through perfectly as ordered, including my added on options. I think they count on the fact that the person knows what they need, they do not have to deal with setting anything up like footrest length and so forth, and lastly I think because there is no middle man they can discount based on that and volume.

As long as you know the exact measurements you need it's ok to get from Spinlife. Did you price at Sportaid also?

SportAid checks in around $3600.

If you are private paying and don't need someone to hold your hand on getting the correct chair and measurements, the online dealers can be a good deal. I'm talking specifically about the two dealers you mentioned. If you are paying with insurance, the price decision becomes a math problem based on your policy - in and out of network, prepayment and reimbursement, co-insurance percentage...

The Internet dealers count on price to create volume.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Yeah, I'm paying with my own money (used my insurance for the power chair, then quit using it). I know mostly what I want so don't need much hand holding although I'd love to sit in a ZRa with the specs I need before I buy but I can't even get the local guys to do that. Sat in a friend's ZRa but his seat back is way too low for me to try it out realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by iLkRehp View Post
    Yeah, I'm paying with my own money (used my insurance for the power chair, then quit using it). I know mostly what I want so don't need much hand holding although I'd love to sit in a ZRa with the specs I need before I buy but I can't even get the local guys to do that. Sat in a friend's ZRa but his seat back is way too low for me to try it out realistically.
    Which state is TiLite located in?

Hmmm....

Call TiLite they have great customer service and may have a rep near you that will let you sit in chairs. The rep came to my house because my DME was too stupid to get a demo and understand what I wanted.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Running a local DME incurs extra "overhead" costs. To rent/lease commercial "sales" property is more expensive than commercial warehouse property. Also selling strictly locally implores different marketing/advertising strategies. If they deal with insurance and Medicare, unlike myself and most online guys, the costs are huge (mostly Medicare related costs).

It is same product and same warranties. For us and Sportaid/Spinlife we focus on the out of pockets and in that regard you can save alot. There are some online guys I'd stay away from because of their negative reputation, both from manufacturers and unsatisfied customers.

Warranties are done by the manufacturer. However if repairs are needed it can be logistically harder for you because you may have to ship a chair to one of us online guys instead of drive it to your local. We don't charge for warranty repairs and manufacturer pays for parts but getting chair to us is part of the trade off. *I have heard of some local guys charging for warranty repairs and that makes me sick but I'm getting off topic.

If you know what you want you can save alot by going with online dealer. CC has always been my best resource for info on chairs; far better than locals bc they never had anyone who used a chair. Nothing like getting your advice from people in chairs. If you really unsure of specs a local guy may be best for you. Always check out anyone you work with and make sure they know their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Which state is TiLite located in?

Hmmm....
    Very good point.If you are close enough to Kennewick you may want to drive over there yourself. They'll take care of you. If you ever have to call ask for Dominic, he's in a chair and definitely knows his stuff.