Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: AeroGarden Deluxe

  1. #21
    You've got beans and tomatoes in the same one? Cool - what seed kit did you buy? (I thought it was usually one or the other veggie)

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Day 11 ... going to have to move the hood up today before the leaves start yellowing. This is so easy ... and I'm usually a serial killer of plants!
    Wow, that looks so cool. What a great idea for folks who live in cold climates. Thanks for posting this. I'm excited about watching the progress.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

  3. #23
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    You've got beans and tomatoes in the same one? Cool - what seed kit did you buy? (I thought it was usually one or the other veggie)
    I took a chance ... lol ... from what I've read, the tomatoes will try to overtake everything ... so I'll have to watch the front and prune like a madwoman. The back is all beans. I put both nutrients in .. lol .. it was half a seed pack (salsa garden) that came with the machine. I bought the beans myself from the outlet site.

    Apparently you can grow your own seeds if you wish, as well ... somehow I don't think pumpkins or cantaloupes would work though. <---- kidding. Though I've read some people start their plants off that way and then plant them come Spring!
    Last edited by lynnifer; 02-21-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  4. #24
    I was thinking of getting a seed starter kit - I love to grow a bunch of basil and herbs outside, so maybe I will.

    I'll be curious to hear how your mixed garden turns out, I'd sure prefer one like that. I wonder if you should put both nutrients in - or perhaps (since you add two tabs) add 1 of each? I'm suspicious double might be too much - of course, I don't know, as I haven't tried it.

    lolol picturing pumpkins covering my entire kitchen floor. Perhaps not.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Cool Lynnifer. How do tomators, peppers, & beans fit in that small space?

    Tam I'll look around. I'd love to get a good buy on one.
    It would have to be a steal. lol

  6. #26
    I hope you find one. Watch the outlet part of the aerogarden site - also Amazon.com or even ebay. At least that's where I'd look.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    I hope you find one. Watch the outlet part of the aerogarden site - also Amazon.com or even ebay. At least that's where I'd look.

    Thanks Tam. Will do and I'll let you know if I find one.

  8. #28
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    Cool Lynnifer. How do tomators, peppers, & beans fit in that small space?

    Tam I'll look around. I'd love to get a good buy on one.
    It would have to be a steal. lol
    The hood where the light sits raises up - it's on the lowest setting for now. I think it's supposed to raise 3 feet. They're really coming down in price ... which is why I have one now.

    pffft ... my email response from my brother who now owns the family farm: Nice work Mr Bean. In 2 or 3 months I.ll Be sprouting 30000 corn seeds to the acre and 170000 bean plants/acre I hope
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  9. #29
    Oh cool, you must have one of the taller ones. I have the original ones - they only go about 2 feet. So no giant tomato plants for me (except in the garden lol).

    Tell your brother it's quality, not quantity - yours taste better!
    (may not be true, but sounds good)

  10. #30
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    The hood where the light sits raises up - it's on the lowest setting for now. I think it's supposed to raise 3 feet. They're really coming down in price ... which is why I have one now.

    pffft ... my email response from my brother who now owns the family farm: Nice work Mr Bean. In 2 or 3 months I.ll Be sprouting 30000 corn seeds to the acre and 170000 bean plants/acre I hope
    Thanks Lynnifer. That's good to know. Won't take long to hit 3'.
    I was thinking like your brother. Hope everyone likes beans. lol

Similar Threads

  1. Mirage Las Vegas, Penthouse Suite or Tower Deluxe
    By smokey in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •