Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: AeroGarden Deluxe

AeroGarden Deluxe

Does anyone else own one? I just purchased one and am trying it out for the first time. I'll document the growth.

I'm growing green beans, Heirloom tomatoes and jalapenos. Should be interesting.

Day One:
    Last edited by lynnifer; 02-21-2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Nice- a mini indoor veggie garden! Sounds great Lynnifer. I always love fresh veggies picked from our outdoor organic garden. Curious, what type of medium are using with this? Grows and transplants in a few weeks?

that is really cool.

I have the basic ones. I love the thing - I grew herbs all winter, it was great.

My daughter gave my wife one for Christmas in 2008. It's bloody expensive, but it produced a lot of cherry tomatoes and more basil & other herbs than we and the neighbors could consume.
    She started it up again last month. Only a third of the pods had seeds that germinated, so she called the company; a replacement set arrived today (free).
    You need to be ruthless with the pruning!
    - Richard

I grew basil in the regular one for homemade pesto. They're fun.

I've wondered about them. One of the things I miss the most is gardening and I'm not allowed out in the heat much anymore.

I tried to do a garden last year on my front porch using big pots. It might have worked, but I had trouble suppling enough water to the pots as often as they needed it.

Since I don't cook very much any more, I don't think I'd want the herbs, but the cherry tomatoes sound good.

Lynnifer -
    That is cool. I look forward to seeing how it goes. Our growing season in Reno, NV is so short that I would like something like that.
    As a pesto junkie, if I could 'support my habit' with basil plants, it would be worth it. I have not been successful growing basil outdoors. The winds are too great, and then the sun is too harsh.

I grow a few cherry tomato plants in pots on the porch every summer. The key is to only put one or two plants in each pot (two is pushing it even) and water them every day, sometimes twice a day if it is hot and dry. Two out of three years worked great but summer 2008 we had a hail storm that stripped them down just before they started to ripen and there was 100+ green tomatoes knocked off the plants and wasted. When they are going good two pots can gine 15-30 cherry tomatoes a day.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Does anyone else own one? I just purchased one and am trying it out for the first time. I'll document the growth.

I'm growing green beans, cherry tomatoes and jalapenos. Should be interesting.

Day One:
    Vegetables? I'm pretty sure that 75% of the people who buy those things are trying to grow pot.