Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Working 2 Walk 2010 - Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Anybody know how many will be there in Phoenix, in the conference area.
    Good question. We won't actually know until registration time. In the past, there have been about 200 attendees. I'm hoping for more this year.

Thinking of coming Leif?
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Working 2 Walk - Phoenix November 11-13, 2010

Mark your calendar and make plans to join us for some science, advocacy and a little fun in the sun!

Confirmed speakers are as follows -
    Stephen Davies, University of Colorado Denver

Philip J. Horner, University of Washington

John W. McDonald, KKI & Johns Hopkins University

Frank Reynolds, InVivo Therapeutics

Edward Wirth III, Geron Corporation

Wise Young, Rutgers University
    We have some additional invites pending and I will post those when I receive confirmations.

Registration will open during the month of August. This year W2W will be a three day event. The first two days will include science and advocacy presentations and the third day will offer everyone a chance to participate in recreational activities.

Additional details will be posted on the W2W website as they become available-http://www.unite2fightparalysis.org/...hoenix_home__1

The U2FP team is looking forward to seeing you there!

- Martin Luther King Jr

Quote Originally Posted by IMHopeful View Post
    Good question. We won't actually know until registration time. In the past, there have been about 200 attendees. I'm hoping for more this year.

Thinking of coming Leif?
    IMHopeful - yes.

Wonderful! I'm looking forward to meeting you and your colleagues.
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Thumbs up Registration is OPEN!!!!!

The schedule has been updated with additional speakers and sessions, registration is now open, and excitement is building for this unique and powerful event.

If you've been to Working 2 Walk in the past, you know its value and importance for members of the community. If it's your first time, you will not want to miss the opportunity. Follow the links below for all of the W2W details:

Lodging:Our conference venue is the Phoenix Airport Marriott. We have secured a special room block at a rate of $109/night. The rate is good until October 25, but you are encouraged to book early as the number of rooms is limited.

Registration:Early Bird rates are in effect through September 30. Fee for the 2-day Science & Advocacy Symposium is $100, and includes breakfast & lunch on both Thursday & Friday as well as the Networking Reception on Thursday night. You will have the option during registration to purchase tickets for Cook 2 Cure, our Friday night fundraiser, and Picnic in the Park, Saturday's Adaptive Recreation Day. See the Registration page for information on available scholarships and discounts.

Transportation: Several major airlines serve Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. The airlines currently have a great sale on fares for travel during the W2W period, but tickets must be purchased by August 26. The hotel has a free courtesy shuttle that is not accessible. Visit the Lodging page for information on accessible taxis and rental vehicles.

Once you arrive at the Phoenix Airport Marriott you should have lttle need for ground transport. We will provide accessible shuttles to the Hilton Mesa for Friday night's Cook 2 Cure and to El Dorado Park for Saturday's picnic. There is no charge for this service, but you will need to make reservations during registration.

Schedule: If you follow the U2FP website newsfeed or other sources, you know that the past few months have seen several exciting breakthroughs in paralysis research. We will be hearing from several of the scientists in the news and look forward to sharing in their excitement.

We'll strategize methods to accelerate the progress of research in our hands-on Advocacy Workshops, and hold our first fundraiser to benefit paralysis research at Friday night's Cook 2 Cure.

Our Health and Wellness sessions will feature Adaptive Yoga with Jo Zukovich as well as presentations on Nutrition, Intensive Exercise, and Functional Electrical Stimulation.

Cook 2 Cure - A Chef's Challenge to Benefit Paralysis Research Plan to join us on Friday night, November 12, at the Hilton in Mesa, Arizona. The event will feature food from the Valley of the Sun's finest chefs, a silent auction, and more.

Picnic in the Park - a fun day of handcycling and other adaptive recreation activities at El Dorado Park in Scottsdale. Thanks to Arizona Disabled Sports for working with us.

We look forward to seeing you in Phoenix!
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    IMHopeful - yes.
    Really? It looks like I can go too.

anyone know which airlines are giving the discounts that unite2fight said end tomorrow?
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Nicole, I'm so pleased you'll be able to join us again this year!

There were some cheap fares that came up on Southwest. I would suggest making your hotel reservation ASAP too!

See you there!
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Maybe I'm a lazy butt but it's too freaking far away! Will you record it and post it online?
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by IMHopeful View Post
    Nicole, I'm so pleased you'll be able to join us again this year!

There were some cheap fares that came up on Southwest. I would suggest making your hotel reservation ASAP too!

See you there!
    oh will do see ya soon Donna.

Donna do you know what time Wise is speaking? I'm thinking of flying out thursday morning.