Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Working 2 Walk 2010 - Phoenix

Thanks for the info. on NASCAR. We prefer open wheel racing instead but that's okay. Still trying to get the budget together. We would love to come. When will the tentative schedule be posted?

We're in the process of putting the schedule together. It will be posted on the U2FP website as soon as it's available. I hope you'll be able to join us.
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

we made our hotel resvs already and will look for airfare soon. I didn't realize there was going to be a fee to get in! That is pretty expensive if 3 ppl are going me, Anthony and his dad. Has anyone figured out how to get from the airport to the Mariott yet. I haven't had time to call taxis or see if there are any vans for rent with a lift/ramp yet. The W2W website has no info on that issue yet and the Marriot does not have a shuttle with a lift.
    Cindy Waters
    mom to Anthony, right c5, left c4 (24yo)
    injury march 2003

Thanks Cindy for your interest in W2W. We do all that we can, to make this symposium as affordable as possible. Fortunately, we’re able to keep the registration fees low with the generous support of our sponsors and numerous volunteers. We have always waived the registration fee for personal assistants. When registration opens, you will register either yourself or husband as a PA for your son.

In addition to that, we have been fortunate enough in the past to offer registration fee grants to individuals who qualify for them. The registration grants have been funded by contributions from individuals and companies who specifically donate for this purpose. When and if grant money becomes available, the information will be posted on our website.

Regarding transportation, we are currently in the process of exploring accessible shuttle options and will post this information on our website. I wouldn’t be too concerned about accessible transportation in the Phoenix area as there are many options. A quick Internet search comes up with the following -

Phoenix Dial A Ride
    Discount Cab
    Wheelchair Getaways

I hope this information helps and I look forward to meeting you and your family in Phoenix!
    - Martin Luther King Jr

thank you for those transportation links. that is good about those grants and the PA fee being waived, that will help
    Cindy Waters
    injury march 2003

When does registration open up?
    Cindy Waters
    injury march 2003

Quote Originally Posted by IMHopeful View Post
    Thanks Cindy for your interest in W2W. We do all that we can, to make this symposium as affordable as possible. Fortunately, we’re able to keep the registration fees low with the generous support of our sponsors and numerous volunteers. We have always waived the registration fee for personal assistants. When registration opens, you will register either yourself or husband as a PA for your son.

In addition to that, we have been fortunate enough in the past to offer registration fee grants to individuals who qualify for them. The registration grants have been funded by contributions from individuals and companies who specifically donate for this purpose. When and if grant money becomes available, the information will be posted on our website.

Regarding transportation, we are currently in the process of exploring accessible shuttle options and will post this information on our website. I wouldn’t be too concerned about accessible transportation in the Phoenix area as there are many options. A quick Internet search comes up with the following -

Phoenix Dial A Ride
    Discount Cab
    Wheelchair Getaways

I hope this information helps and I look forward to meeting you and your family in Phoenix!
    Hi, I just received a PM from Dr. Xiao saying that he lost your email address and wants to write back concerning attending the meeting. Can you write to him again?

Wise.

Thanks Wise. I'll get in touch with him.
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Anybody know how many will be there in Phoenix, in the conference area.

Quote Originally Posted by waters3 View Post
    thank you for those transportation links. that is good about those grants and the PA fee being waived, that will help

Registration will open up later this summer and I'll be sure to post a message on CC when it does.

You can also sign up for newsletters on our website and the details will be sent to you when they become available.

Thanks for your continuing interest and I hope to see you there!
    - Martin Luther King Jr