Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ad hangover

Ad hangover

few weeks back i got a uti, 1st in several years. so i took my trusty cipro. cleared up. but cipro binds me up big time. so finally tuesday night i had a super shit. as always starts out hard, then softer then by the end its liquid. same thing whenever i get bound up. and of course killer ad. cold sweats, shakes. then some more ad because my asshole feels like a baseball bat was rammed in it.

anyway i always feel like shit for 2-3 days after. wend felt horrible, today better but not 150% tomorrow ill be back to normal.
    question is do you guys get these ad hangovers and do they seem to get worse as you age.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

yes..
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Can’t tell you if the ad is getting worse for you as you age or if what’s setting it off is occurring more frequently, everyone is different. Are you sure your uti is completely cleared up? Many years back I had control of bladder and bowels, well, still do but can’t transfer easily now to handle it. My point is this, one time when I needed to void, I couldn’t and it set off the worst ad I ever experienced. I was wiped for several days. I didn’t have a uti, but to answer your question yes I have had an ad hangover. Can’t tell you if it has anything to do with age. With me everything seems to be about it, lol Get another c&s, that’s all it may be.

nah, uti is gone. just happens when i9m bound up.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I'm fortunate and not too prone to AD, but when I do then yes, I wake up feeling heavy the next day. I also find for the following couple days afterward I'm more prone to experience it, especially the pounding headache.

Any time I get AD I can expect a hangover to follow for up to a couple of days if the incident was bad enough. Have an AD hangover right now as a matter of fact.

It is not uncommon for people to get an "AD hangover". Most people that I know have them for a day or two, at the most. SOmetimes taking tylenol helps.

CKF

When I was in rehab and getting my SCI education I was told at my level of injury AD is uncommon but could happen. If I am 8 months post injury and yet to have an AD episode am I in the clear or do I still need to worry about it?

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    When I was in rehab and getting my SCI education I was told at my level of injury AD is uncommon but could happen. If I am 8 months post injury and yet to have an AD episode am I in the clear or do I still need to worry about it?
    Your safe it only comes in at T6 or above.

You are generally safe- there are some notes in the literature that show individuals down to T8 are susceptible to ad. However, my experience has been that ad strikes those with injuries at T6 and above. The longer out you are from your initial injury, the less likely you are to have it.

CKF