Thread: Urine smells like..........

Urine smells like..........

of all things popcorn! It's been like this for 3-4 days now. I did just get through taking a 7 day round of antibotics on Mon. of last week for a UTI but didn't have this ordor with that.
    I have a SP tube and I drink lots of water (1 cup of coffee in the am, now and then beer but mostly just water) everyday. No trauma, no blood, no clue. I haven't eaten popcorn in awhile either and urine is light yellow almost clear in color.
    I have an appointment w/my urologist on Mon., it was already scheduled to review the results of my KUB and renal ultrasound--just part of my yearly check-up with him.
    Any thoughts from you guys?

Thanks!!

You're not going to believe this but I've had hot buttered popcorn pee before too. And sometimes it smells like king crab legs. No pattern that I've noticed, except that one time I noticed the popcorn pee when I was getting a UTI. Either way, it makes me hungry when I cath!

weird lazlo. I usually am on the way to a uti when the smell changes. the crablegs smell is usually a bad bug. I was so bummed to have dicovered the crablegs cath the day before yesterday, only three days after finishing macrobid. today pain and nausea with a little fever, and cloud. the worst one is the lit match cath. that one is a pisser.

Quote Originally Posted by DMR1105 View Post
    of all things popcorn! It's been like this for 3-4 days now. I did just get through taking a 7 day round of antibotics on Mon. of last week for a UTI but didn't have this ordor with that.
    I have a SP tube and I drink lots of water (1 cup of coffee in the am, now and then beer but mostly just water) everyday. No trauma, no blood, no clue. I haven't eaten popcorn in awhile either and urine is light yellow almost clear in color.
    I have an appointment w/my urologist on Mon., it was already scheduled to review the results of my KUB and renal ultrasound--just part of my yearly check-up with him.
    Any thoughts from you guys?

Thanks!!
    alot of times it's what you eat and drink
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    weird lazlo. I usually am on the way to a uti when the smell changes. the crablegs smell is usually a bad bug. I was so bummed to have dicovered the crablegs cath the day before yesterday, only three days after finishing macrobid. today pain and nausea with a little fever, and cloud. the worst one is the lit match cath. that one is a pisser.
    I had the lit match smell once too, at least I could describe the smell like that. Very acrid and strong smelling, and yeah it was one of the worst UTIs I've had. It was also the only time I accidentally dropped a urinal container - full of the vile stuff - onto the floor where it spilled everywhere. What a stinking mess.

DMR, are your UTI symptoms returning? Still smelling the popcorn pee?

lol popcorn pee, actually I had this happen before pre-sci, its from drinking too much coffee! (thats what did it too me) I use to drink like a pot a day and my pee would smell like popcorn even my roommates would be like, WHOS MAKING POPCORN?! hah

i cut back on the coffee and just drank water and it was fixed.

LAZO, the king crab made me lol in real life
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Lazlo you're too funny--love the little popcorn eating dude!

UTI symptoms?? No not really. Had the popcorn smell before I took the macrobid and now a week after being done with the meds the smell is starting to return.........

Quote Originally Posted by DMR1105 View Post
    Lazlo you're too funny--love the little popcorn eating dude!

UTI symptoms?? No not really. Had the popcorn smell before I took the macrobid and now a week after being done with the meds the smell is starting to return.........
    Hmmm, I'd seriously suspect the return of bacteria then, your upcoming dr. visit will find out.

Mr. Coffee - I remember the smell of coffee pee from before my injury, to me it smells different but yeah kind of like popcorn, esp. if it is burned a bit.

No coffee for me post injury sadly, the caffeine turns me into a piss fountain. Even decaf, tea, and soda have too much caffeine. Sad, I used to love coffee.

I sometimes have pee that smells like popcorn, it usually occurs from not voiding in a while.

Usually the smell comes from something that you eat or drink, although certain bacteria will make your urine smell different (how 's that for being polictically correct?)

CKF