Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Out of anger, have you ever wished somebody....

Out of anger, have you ever wished somebody....

Out of anger have you ever wished somebody:
    a) dead
    b) would experience the full ugliness of your neurological condition [SCI, MS, ALS, CP, Spina Bifida, etc.]
    c) to crash their car, get beaten down, sick with AIDS, get shot or to experience some other "situation" or "condition" so that they can wake up to other people's reality.

A month or two ago, I was watching some re-run on television and the two main characters [one male + one female] became embroiled in a life-or-death situation. One of the characters shot the "perp" dead in self-defense. The shooter said "I wish I hadn't killed him." and the partner said "I wish you had paralyzed him so he could suffer...." I was stunned when I heard the character say that they wished paralysis on someone else!

I have wished events "A" and "C" on people many times, but I cannot specifically recall a time when I have wished someone to be paralyzed. Alright maybe I have and I am in complete denial about it because of the horrific lifelong situation I would be wishing on someone. I am a SCI survivor for 31+yrs. now. Some would say (including myself) that I have been lucky to have quadraparesis instead of quadraplegia as an incomplete SCI C5-C6.

But when we are really angry we often think vicious thoughts. So, have you ever wished someone was......

Yeah...b...the asshole from Fort Hood...

Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    X2. He deserves to be paralyzed.

Quote Originally Posted by peegy p View Post
    Out of anger have you ever wished somebody:
    a) dead
    b) would experience the full ugliness of your neurological condition [SCI, MS, ALS, CP, Spina Bifida, etc.]
    c) to crash their car, get beaten down, sick with AIDS, get shot or to experience some other "situation" or "condition" so that they can wake up to other people's reality.

A month or two ago, I was watching some re-run on television and the two main characters [one male + one female] became embroiled in a life-or-death situation. One of the characters shot the "perp" dead in self-defense. The shooter said "I wish I hadn't killed him." and the partner said "I wish you had paralyzed him so he could suffer...." I was stunned when I heard the character say that they wished paralysis on someone else!

I have wished events "A" and "C" on people many times, but I cannot specifically recall a time when I have wished someone to be paralyzed. Alright maybe I have and I am in complete denial about it because of the horrific lifelong situation I would be wishing on someone. I am a SCI survivor for 31+yrs. now. Some would say (including myself) that I have been lucky to have quadraparesis instead of quadraplegia as an incomplete SCI C5-C6.

But when we are really angry we often think vicious thoughts. So, have you ever wished someone was......
    How is wishing somebody to get sick with AIDS (c) any different from wishing somebody to "experience the full ugliness of your neurological condition" (b)? Seems the same mean-spirited, vindictive thought pattern to me.

Reminds me of the psych eval I had in rehab: "Do you have any suicidal thoughts?" "No, but I have plenty of homicidal thoughts" (referencing the person who hit me and put me in this chair), "Well, that is normal considering the circumstances."

As I "refined" my thoughts, I "thought" of her in my chair plenty of times.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

I considered murder once. my adopted father. rather than wishing him dead though, behind bars, and that he would drop the soap while there so he would get a real payback. I would not wish sci on even him though.

After being a sci, I have met a few that I wish they really could see what it's really like for a few days. but no not really.

Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    He needs all of the things listed to happen to him.

Just wished varioius stuff for those that park in handicapped parking that obviously aren't handicapped.

I have never wished anyone, other then myself, dead

I have wished many times that a good number of people would just open their eyes to other people's realities

I have only wished one person to experience my illnesses. Not just SCI but all of them the way I have to get through each day of my life. This is my ex-fiance's mother. The last thing she ever said to me was, if she ever saw me again she would push me and my chair off of a mountain. So yep, she wins the prize.

I normally am a very nice person, I swear .

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!