Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hang over cures

Timaru, is that the breakfast that includes kidneys? To us Americans, that would probably bring on a whole different type of nausea... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I hope you're feeling better OJ. I hate hangovers, they come more easily now that I'm older. Tomorrow you'll be over the hump.
    Thanks rdf. Considering I have felt like complete crap for many weeks now from my gall bladder and other stuff, downing a bottle of wine last night, (or several bottles as the case might be) possibly might not have been a very wise idea But my head no longer feels like it is about to implode and normal light is no longer blinding me. So yes I am in recovery mode. Somewhat anyway.

Menudo or tripe, which is made from the stomach lining of sheep or something like that I think. Used to go with aMexican girl whose father always feed that to me after a night of tequilla and beer. Perhaps he was just trying to get rid of me now that I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    we use Zyrtec here too. for allergy. I think alkaseltzer is the best though, I have only had three hangovers.
    We can't buy alkaseltzer here, so those I have I use for pain in my bladder. I never get hangovers anymore because I eat clonazepam every night, but it is too much to recommend them for hangovers. But they are still working great
    TH 12, 43 years post

re-hydrated use i don't know how it's spelled (pedilite) if for babys. i have a lot of friends that are bartenders.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

When I used to drink, I used to take 2 shots of beer with a glass of prune juice. Sounds gross but it works.

I've heard the reason for the hangover is dehydration caused by the diuertic effect of the alcohol, so after the fact, re hydration with much liquid or pedialite, but if you are sober enough to remember, drink several glasses of water before retireing and take a couple asprin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    Lots of liquid the moment you wake up, nothing will help until you're re-hydrated.

Follow that with a full English breakfast washed down with a Bloody Mary and you should start to feel human again.
    This may only work for Brits. The first English breakfast I ever had was also the morning of one of my life's worst hangovers...it all looked so FOREIGN LOL. The whites of the eggs were still runny and pale yellow, y'all had different sausage. Holy crap it was hell!

But the discovery of room temp bitter made it all worthwhile...in retrospect. That morning I cursed every delicious drop.

That first trip to England was so fun.

OT-Best hangover cure = youth. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Drinking wine or champagne can give you a terrible hangover. Hydrate as soon and as much as you can, using plain ol' h20 or Gatorade is fine too. The key, for future reference, is drink a glass of wine, drink a glass of water.

And something that's worked for me on the rare occasion I get a hangover, is Mexican food. Not sure if it's the spicy food or what but it seems to work.

Feel mo' betta OJ
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Get a friend who's an EMT or nurse and have them start a line. Better in 5 minutes or less.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.