Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paralympics Vancouver 2010

Smile Paralympics Vancouver 2010

Welcome to beautiful British Columbia and enjoy the link ...... anyone know anyone participating ???

http://www.vancouver2010.com/paralympic-games/

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Not participating, but I'm attending the opening ceremonies, gold curling game, and bronze sledge hockey.

Out and about today...

Blue Smurfs everywhere. Not unusual in Vancouver but now they're sporting the Paralympics symbol. Which has changed from the old triple sperm symbol:

... replaced by the triple anorexic sperm symbol:

my rugby team mate is going but hes not in anything i foret what he said he is doing out there

We have 2 guys from our sled hockey team that will be there...they play for our Under 20 US team and they are going to be competing in some games there. They are not able to qualify to play for medals...but to basically showcase the future of sled hockey. It should be fun!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

And I know two on the Norwegian sledge hockey team and another one in the curling. I haven't seen all the names of the athletes yet so I don't know if I know more people.
    TH 12, 43 years post

24 hours to go. Everyone knows by now that Sam Sullivan was appointed Ambassador to the Paralympics. Since then, he's raised the issue of Inaccessible Balconies for Paralympians in the brand spanking new Olympic village. Hundreds of more condos without the common sense of universal design.

Sam Sullivan, the city's former mayor, said while he understands the concerns the design team had with water leaking from a balcony into a suite, more effort should have been made to make the balconies accessible. All suites have a curb between the living area and the balcony. "That's a scandal," said Sullivan, who was recently appointed ambassador to the Paralympics. "I just talked to the guy building the Georgia hotel and he told me he had to fight for it but he has now achieved an agreement that he can build flush balconies. So if a private sector guy in a very expensive building like that can do it, why couldn't the Athletes' Village do it?"

cant wait to watch. anything running on espn or anything or just web shit
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone View Post
    Welcome to beautiful British Columbia and enjoy the link ...... anyone know anyone participating ???

http://www.vancouver2010.com/paralympic-games/

Obieone

Will this link allow me to watch on-line?
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

I'm in BC, so I don't know if this will allow everyone to watch, but this is live footage.

http://player27.narrowstep.tv/nsp.as...#ns_dummy_link

Here is a link of when to watch on TV: http://ow.ly/1jh7S
    Last edited by pash8605; 03-13-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added TV link
    ~Ashley~