Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creative ways to carry a bouquet

Creative ways to carry a bouquet

I'm a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding in August and I'm wondering if anyone has neat ideas to carry bouquets, considering I'll be wheeling down the aisle. I was a bridesmaid for my other sister's wedding in 2006, and I found that resting the bouquet on my lap didn't work too well because it was bouncing around a lot. My older sis had the "white dress" ceremony outdoors, as will my younger sister, so the surface I'll be pushing on won't be very smooth.

How does your dress look?? Would it be possible to use a piece of ribbon around your waist to tie the bouquet around you? What about a sort of fancy "sling" on the side of your wheelchair? Just ideas.

This past August I was in one of my friends wedding & I just held onto the bouquet and then the guy I was with pushed me. I was totally against it when the bride suggested it, but it worked out really well & didn't look bad. We were the first couple to walk down the aisle following the groom. I'm in a another friends wedding in May and we are planning to do the same thing.

You could have a bouquet made into a wrist corsage.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Any chance of using a piece of stiff wire that could come be wrapped around the armrests to hold it, but then come out in front of you bent into a circle that the boquet could be dropped into. That way you could adjust the height and position it exactly where you want it, hands free.

idk if you could alter this idea, but i'm going to carry a "pomander" style boquet for my wedding in Oct...I plan to walk down the aisle with my forearm crutches & tie it on a silk ribbon to hang & move with my steps(yes, it'll take lots of practice but everything will) and then It'll sit on my lap & the ribbon will tie around my waist when I'm in my chair...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

If you can find a wheelchair cup holder that will fit on your chair, you could put a small vase to hold the bouquet in it.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KiranA View Post
    I'm a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding in August and I'm wondering if anyone has neat ideas to carry bouquets, considering I'll be wheeling down the aisle. I was a bridesmaid for my other sister's wedding in 2006, and I found that resting the bouquet on my lap didn't work too well because it was bouncing around a lot. My older sis had the "white dress" ceremony outdoors, as will my younger sister, so the surface I'll be pushing on won't be very smooth.
    Kiran, I was the maid of honor for my best friend's wedding... $6.00 bike bottle holder on the chair... bouquet goes in while you wheel -decorate it if you like- bouquet comes out when you are in position... worked 4 me.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...=1265929658236

Have fun... sometimes good guys, single guy will be there 4 u 2 meet.
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

THats so exciting you are a bridesmaid. how about a smaller bouquet that ties on a ribbon round your wrist? Then you could have a second one the same as the others for photos.
    "The impossible is just that which hasn't been done yet.Impossible is nothing"

I'm sure you don't like being pushed. Will you have a groomsman the dude that would ordinarily walk down the aisle w/ you? What if he held your hand and pulled? Cody Unser gets around that way a lot, it looks graceful and leaves 1 hand free. I've seen her pulled up steps, in doors, all over various towns by her bf and her mom.

Love the hold hand and pull idea. I really like it when my hubby holds my hand and pushes his other wheel with the other hand. It works well.
    Then I was thinking what ifyou had your flowers made into a head wreath or a necklas around your neck. I think it would look beautiful and I think it would make you feel like a princess!
    I vote for the head wreath of flowers and the hold hand push with the other