Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caregiver down :(

Caregiver down :(

Ok, for four years now I have tended to Davids needs and all has gone well. At least as well as expected. Two nights ago, we had some really bad winds and it blew open our crawl space vent (which is broken) so last night I go to the basement and crawl over into the crawl space to put some styrofoam in there to keep the wind out. Well got that job done no problem but turned around and looked in the sump pump hole just checking things out. And I slid. When I landed my left hand landed on a board with two nails sticking up (Davids mess that he left in there for several years now). Had to go to ER, get a tetanus, got it irrigated out and now taking an antibiotic. My hand is swollen, can't bend my fingers, hurts like you know what. I know I shouldn't complain its just my left hand but I have to say with just the temporary loss of my left hand, this sucks. Its so hard to do anything to help David with only one hand. Anyway just wanted to say "My hats off to all of you with any type of paralysis"

ouch!!!

feel better!!!

stepped on a nail once in a board, went thru my saddle oxfords into my foot....ouch!

I did that too when I was a kid. You'd think I would learn.

oh, so sorry for your troubles. glad you got a tetanus shot. I hope you heal up very soon.

Ouch...hope you heal quickly! few month back the horses were out of the pasture because the wind had blown the gate over...me in my slippers round them up and try and fix the gate...managed to fall and hang my arm through the slats in the gate...thought I had broken my wrist...hurt like hell for a couple weeks...note to self, wear boots when chasing horses, donkey and pony and fixing fence gate...take care of yourself!

ooooooooh-sounds awful.

That sounds just awful and scary too. I am glad you went for the tetanus shot so you don't have to think about that ramification. Hope your swelling and pain leave quickly.

Dam u tough to do all that for you and your man. I know he appreciate u very much. I know if you on your knees in crawl spaces doing task like that ur very wonderful and supportive person. I hope u get well soon and take care.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Thanks everyone I know it will heal quickly. I absolutely hate shots but knew I had to get one. I give David a shot every other evening and it doesn't bother me, but when it comes to my turn OUCH.

Judy, funny thing was I had on my daughters slip on croc shoes. I think thats why I slid. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Coolbreeze, our crawl space is really about five block high so its not that bad really, plus with the access being in the basement, makes it more doable.

She's playing it down, Coolbreeze, I agree with you a hundred percent.

Feel better soon, MSWIFE.