Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: roho high profile

roho high profile

i was going to get a new cushion my jay 2 started leaking.does anybody have any suggestions i was thinking of a roho high profile.

the postural stability change a lot...

i am a t5 complete and i got both...since i tried the jay2, never returned back on my roho...

Yes I agree. I only sit on my Roho in emergencies. The stability in a high-profile roho is bad and you will almost certainly notice a big difference coming from Jay 2. They do however have other types of roho's that are part moulded and part air cushion therefore providing more stability. I recommend trialling cushions before you make a choice, it's something you don't want to mess up.

I hated my high profile ROHO. Too "tippy" for me. I alway felt like I was at risk of falling, even with the most subtle of moves. I have a Jay Deep Contour cushion and love it.

You can get a high profile Quattro like I have. It locks the air and four separate chambers and you're not his tippy as you are with just the standard high-profile. I found it's actually just a stable as a low-profile. Good luck with whatever choice you go with. I just recently got a pressure mapping and highly recommend it, especially if you don't know what's going to work best for you. I wanted to get away from an air filled cushion but unfortunately the Roho is the only cushion that worked well for me.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

i got the quadtro one, but i feel a big difference between my jay 2 and it...

if he hasn't pressure sores' problems, go straight to jay2 (or jay3 if he find him)
    T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004

1st Italian physiotherapist on a wheelchair

I got a quadtro a while back...I liked the weight compared to the Jay2, but my back was really sore by the end of the day when using it. Probably the instability - I can't imagine how bad a standard high profile would be, given the trouble I had with the supposedly more stable quadtro. Anyways, I was back on my Jay after about a week. The Roho is under my couch for emergency use only.

what about the contour select? it looks like it would be pretty stable. thanks for the help.

Jared84 - you mention
    ... pretty stable ...
    If stability is a high priority, you may want to investigate the
    Vicair Adjuster and Vicair Vector type of cushions. This type of cushion has many little tetrahedron-shaped air cells that press together to increase stability.

I also did not like my Roho...until I let out more air from it, and now feel sort of cradled by it...
    Beverly

"A wild patience has taken me this far..."