Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Hope lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    That's nuts that he'd be denied. Getting into a chair and doing regular tilt/ recline shifts is by far the very best way to keep his lungs as clear as possible. What possible basis did they use to deny him the only type of chair he can use?
    Not sure what the reason was, cause I just heard the other day. Working nightshift tonight and hope to get there to see him tomorrow once I get up and find out some of the details. Whatever the case may be I am sure it is lame and inexcusable. NewJersey is going through alot of budget cuts etc... in state government especially but I am sure that when I drive down the road I will still see four state workers standing on the side of the road watching one guy work but yet they will cut programs that are truly worthy in place of past practice.

Hi Harberrat
    I am sorry it take time to post for me to these posts @ times I had a c3-c7 injury and it is a thing I sometimes kind of dont talk about ...
    I would really appreciate it if you give your brother a hug of hope and support for me
    because I care and you both made a new friend here in TX
    your brothers support system here just keeps growing I am glad your Brother is doing better and all feel free to write me anytime I love to see hapiness .
    May I offer something I do ?
    ( Hold on to hope )and I know there is rough times but just utilize the helpful advice Others posted here they all are so special and Your support network just keeps getting better
    Hugs to your Brother
    Tell him to smile
    thinking of ya all
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsylady

gypsylady

Dear gypsylady,
    Thanks for all the hope and well wish's. I saw my brother the other day and he is still smiling and hanging tough. There was an issue with his powered chair but it has since been resolved. Initially he was turned down for the chair but come to find out it was just some type of medicaid mistake. My sister made a few calls and got things going in the right direction again. We are all hoping for the best and he has constant visitors due to the size of our family. My garden has started to produce, so I took some juicy tomatoes to him, which he will love. He is doing therapy five times a week but has not shown alot of progress. We are keeping the faith and hope to be able to report good things in the near future. Thanks again for your encouragement and I send our best regards to you. There are so many fine people on this site with so much knowledge it is truly a blessing. Take care.
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsylady View Post
    Hi Harberrat
    I am sorry it take time to post for me to these posts @ times I had a c3-c7 injury and it is a thing I sometimes kind of dont talk about ...
    I would really appreciate it if you give your brother a hug of hope and support for me
    because I care and you both made a new friend here in TX
    your brothers support system here just keeps growing I am glad your Brother is doing better and all feel free to write me anytime I love to see hapiness .
    May I offer something I do ?
    ( Hold on to hope )and I know there is rough times but just utilize the helpful advice Others posted here they all are so special and Your support network just keeps getting better
    Hugs to your Brother
    Tell him to smile
    thinking of ya all
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsylady

I am SO relieved the power chair issue straightened out! I emailed someone we know mutually that I hoped could help you. Everything comes with such red tape and hoops that it makes a person want to give up at times.
    It is heartening to know he is having a lot of company and getting therapy.
    I hope he is getting good care and feels at much as home as possible where he lives. It is a rehab or will he live there? Does he have much pain?
    Thank-you for the good news. Wish him well from friends in MN. Did he ever have a Caringbridge page?

Glad to hear the update...please take care, all of you!!!

dont give up hope. it is not easy. my brother was in a accident in oct he was c-2 c-3 incomplete. he is still on a vent now he is moving his head shoulders and biceps. it is a long process but he is here be thankful and know he can beat this. the best thing you can do is remind him hes here for a reason and not to give up. I know what you are going through

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    keep faith in GOD. thanks for all the updates, keep them coming k. the support is here. good luck n take care

Evonne
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

Hi Guys,
    Just a quick update on my Bro. My sister and brother in law saw him the other day and tell me he was moving his fingers on one hand. They asked him if he knew they were moving and he said that he was doing it. Wonderful news to hear. Planning on going to see him this week. It has been nine month's since his injury and he is still upbeat and positive. Can't imagine the strength it takes to stay so positive but I am thankful that he can do it. Thanks again to everyone for all of the positive thoughts. I will pass them on when I see him. This site is an unbelievable blessing.

Glad to hear harberrat! Great news!

Hey guys,
    Thankyou all again for all of your kindness and positive thoughts. Saw my brother a couple of weeks ago and "yes" he can move his fingers!! Soooo GRReeaatt to see!! Just spoke to my sister today and she tells me that he actually moved his feet! I think all of the blood rushed from my head when I heard that!! ha! ha! What a great feeling!! He has been working really hard and I am so glad it has been paying off for him. I am a little cloudy on this though. We were told in NO uncertain terms he was a C3 complete!! If he can move his feet, what does that mean in terms of his injury?? What does it mean in regards to his recovery?? Has anyone had a similar experience??