Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bitchy people make me sad

A few weeks ago I was in the store and wanted some glade plug ins there was a lady standing right in front of them looking at air freshners seems like she stood there forever finally I said excuse me but she ignored me and kept looking I turned to my husband and said oh well. I moved down the isle a few feet to look at something else than came back to where she was standing and waited some more finally she picked a can of air freshner and sprayed it in the air right at my level and walked off. I really wanted to say something to her but wasn't in the mood to exchange nasty words. When we left the store she was pulling out of a handicap parking spot I didn't see a placard on her mirror but she could have already taken if off the mirror. Either way she walked and moved just fine maybe she had some hidden disability but her mobility was fine.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

I quit shopping at the local Walmart 3-4 years ago because the employees were always so bitchy and indignant when I ask them to get things from the top self, etc. Even the greeter. One day there was no stack of baskets to put things in so I asked him if he knew where they were. "Nope," he said, "its not my job to know where stuff is. If you want one, you will have to hunt one down." He was unbelievably curt. I told him, "have a nice day," and left.

As for customers who don't move, I give them a little nudge in the heels with my footrest. It usually works when a polite request fails.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I love all of these suggestions. I imagined if I nudged her ankles she probably would have made a big deal out of it, and loudly at that, but perhaps I need to just do something akin to that and then leave her blubbering in the aisle by herself. Yes, the HP stall in the bathroom is a major bug of mine. Everywoman with a kid uses them, and every woman with parcels uses them. Add the elderly, the "I just like the room" crowd, and I can never usually get into a stall without a long wait despite lots of empty regular stalls. One woman, who I think was reading a paper in there, finally came out and said "oh, if I had known you were there....." DUH. So now I am supposed to announce "Crip needing to pee in the house" in order to gain access? Gripes!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliya View Post
    I didn't see a placard on her mirror but she could have already taken if off the mirror. Either way she walked and moved just fine maybe she had some hidden disability but her mobility was fine.
    A bit off topic, but here in NC, handicapped placards are not reserved just for folks with mobility problems.

My own Mom had a placard, and she had survived breast cancer, a heart attack that killed half her heart, her ONE remaining kidney was only working 15%, and she had broken her hip, and had a hip replacement, had typhoid fever as a child, and also had a birth defect in her foot.

None of these things made her mobility look anything but fine on most days...but she still fit the criteria of "not being able to walk more than 200 yards without stopping to rest."

I have my very own placard myself, but do not use a wheelchair, just use the little riding carts in Walmart, and use a cane when needed. I do walk with a limp, and also a bit humped over...not standing straight up, as one leg is a bit shorter than the other.

So thank you for saying that there ARE hidden disabilities!

And yes...that woman surely was rude!!!

Sigh...

Take care!

Teena

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I Yes, the HP stall in the bathroom is a major bug of mine. Everywoman with a kid uses them, and every woman with parcels uses them. Add the elderly, the "I just like the room" crowd, and I can never usually get into a stall without a long wait despite lots of empty regular stalls. One woman, who I think was reading a paper in there, finally came out and said "oh, if I had known you were there....." DUH. So now I am supposed to announce "Crip needing to pee in the house" in order to gain access? Gripes!
    I have a friend at work who insists that the big stall is for people who need to (excuse me) do #2 so it won't stink up the rest of the bathroom, because that's why it is so far from the door!!!

EXCUSE me???!!!

I just let it ride, because she is one gal, and hardly even has to use that stall and I did not want to make waves and end up in HR and probably be written up for sticking my nose in my friends business...lol.

Once on a bus tour trip, an elderly lady REFUSED to use the HC stall because "What if someone that was in a wheelchair needed to use it?!" She, bless her heart thought it was an exclusive stall that it was against the law for anyone else to use! If the world had more people like her it would be a better world for real!

Take care all!

Teena

Tina, the logic of the big stall being for #2 made me smile. What a weird concept, but at least it is farily innocent (which doesn't help if your legs are metaphorically crossed and needing that stall!) Bless the lady who wouldn't use the stall "just in case." Ahh, if there were only more like her!

Before Christ I would have came unglued after asking if I could go first till she made up her mind. But now I'd just tell myself she has a problem needing to have power over strangers. We don't know what other's are going through. She could be starved for love, attention at home. Probably so since she's so rude. There could be a death in her family. Someone just diagnosed with cancer. A million things.
    But the important part is to not give her power over you. If your day is ruined by her rude behavior. She's won! She goes on her way & never thinks of you twice. You're at home seething. You won't teach her anything by lashing out. I'd excuse my self from the line & go look elsewhere till she was gone. Say a prayer for her and thank God for giving me patience.
    Sorry you didn't deserve it. {hugs} Mona

A friend gave me a gift cetificate to Trader Joe's, so I decided to go spend it this afternoon. Stupid to go on a Friday, but still, I wanted to get some snacks and essentials. There was a woman at the pita bread section who stood and stood, and stood some more, as if this was a life or death decision. I waited patiently, and then I counted to ten very slowly to myself. Finally I said "excuse me please" and signalled she was blocking me. Instead of graciously moving for a moment she said "I am not through looking yet!" I replied "OK, but I know what I want and I will just grab it and leave you to decide." Again she replied "I am not through." Part of me knows the little snot was just into some sick power play and probably has problems that make mine seem insignificant (I mean, really, how many friends can this person have??) but part of me wanted to reply in the same tone "Honey, you have your choice of wheat or wheat, not really a difficult decision." I said nothing and just circled around again after she had made her momentous choice, but it left me feeling pretty lousy about how badly people behave. It was supposed to be a fun (and free thanks to the gift cert) little trip and she sort of ruined it for me.
    Don't let miserable people ruin your day, Eileen, as you keenly noted about the number of genuine friends this woman probably has.

Never fight fire with fire. If simply being near the flames can dishearten you, enraging the flames will only make you feel worse, unless you get a sense of joy in giving a good verbal lashing to someone.

I've rarely if ever encountered such rude people. Typically, my experience would be that the lady would see me and ask me if she could get something for me. There's a lot of nice people out there who still care about how they treat others. However, bad apples will always fall from trees.

Teena, and it's not even a full moon......why are these people all acting nuts today?
    Maybe something to do with the atmospheric pressure of that big storm that just missed us here in CT?

On the opposite side of the coin, I am often frustrated by the people who fall over themselves apologizing and getting out of the way when I have to say "excuse me". The "Oh I'm sorry, here let me move, OH, I didn;t mean to get in your way, I am so sorry ....." . Once is enough, just makes me feel more disabled I guess when they act like it is worse to be in my way, than to be in anyone else's way. Because if I wasn;t in a chair, I would still have asked the lady at the pita bread to move.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by teena View Post
    I have a friend at work who insists that the big stall is for people who need to (excuse me) do #2 so it won't stink up the rest of the bathroom, because that's why it is so far from the door!!!

EXCUSE me???!!!
    That's fuuuny Teena. Is there anyway to slip her 6 senna tabs in the morning so she has a reason to spend more time in the big stall?
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce