Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bitchy people make me sad

Bitchy people make me sad

A friend gave me a gift cetificate to Trader Joe's, so I decided to go spend it this afternoon. Stupid to go on a Friday, but still, I wanted to get some snacks and essentials. There was a woman at the pita bread section who stood and stood, and stood some more, as if this was a life or death decision. I waited patiently, and then I counted to ten very slowly to myself. Finally I said "excuse me please" and signalled she was blocking me. Instead of graciously moving for a moment she said "I am not through looking yet!" I replied "OK, but I know what I want and I will just grab it and leave you to decide." Again she replied "I am not through." Part of me knows the little snot was just into some sick power play and probably has problems that make mine seem insignificant (I mean, really, how many friends can this person have??) but part of me wanted to reply in the same tone "Honey, you have your choice of wheat or wheat, not really a difficult decision." I said nothing and just circled around again after she had made her momentous choice, but it left me feeling pretty lousy about how badly people behave. It was supposed to be a fun (and free thanks to the gift cert) little trip and she sort of ruined it for me.

If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Addiesue, I should have a stack of these photocopied to give out when I meet my next curmudgeon!

GRRRRR! I hate that too ..... what did it matter if she let you reach the shelf while she was thinking? Oh well, sorry to hear about her.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    A friend gave me a gift cetificate to Trader Joe's, so I decided to go spend it this afternoon. Stupid to go on a Friday, but still, I wanted to get some snacks and essentials. There was a woman at the pita bread section who stood and stood, and stood some more, as if this was a life or death decision. I waited patiently, and then I counted to ten very slowly to myself. Finally I said "excuse me please" and signalled she was blocking me. Instead of graciously moving for a moment she said "I am not through looking yet!" I replied "OK, but I know what I want and I will just grab it and leave you to decide." Again she replied "I am not through." Part of me knows the little snot was just into some sick power play and probably has problems that make mine seem insignificant (I mean, really, how many friends can this person have??) but part of me wanted to reply in the same tone "Honey, you have your choice of wheat or wheat, not really a difficult decision." I said nothing and just circled around again after she had made her momentous choice, but it left me feeling pretty lousy about how badly people behave. It was supposed to be a fun (and free thanks to the gift cert) little trip and she sort of ruined it for me.
    best thing to is try and not let someone else ruin your day
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    best thing to is try and not let someone else ruin your day
    You're right, and sometimes I don't know if I am more angry at her or myself for not speaking up and letting her get away with this behavior. Feeling a little wimpy and I do not like the feeling!

I'm bitchy AND let people ruin my day...

But really, her bitchy was on a whole 'nother level. My immediate response:

"Excuse me-could you take like 3 steps over, ON YOUR WORKING LEGS, and let me through?"

Sorry you ran into human slime, or whatever her malfunction is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    You're right, and sometimes I don't know if I am more angry at her or myself for not speaking up and letting her get away with this behavior. Feeling a little wimpy and I do not like the feeling!
    Sounds like even if you would have said something, she just would have been even more bitchy back. And that would have probably ruined your day even more. I think in some cases it's just not worth it to say anything to people like that.

However, going entirely against what I just wrote above, I had a similar situation a few months ago. I went into Staples to send a fax and a lady was standing in front of the only fax machine yakking on her cell phone and not faxing. I was tired and having a bad day in general and this made me irrate but I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and wait. My hope was that she would see me waiting and tie up her conversation and do her faxing. She saw me waiting but she didn't make any move towards using the machine. After a few minutes, I politely asked her if I could just go ahead and fax since she didn't appear to be using the machine. She got really nasty to me about "interupting" her phone call, then proceeded to bitch to whoever she was talking to about me. At this point I completely lost it and freaked right out at her (profanity included ). Needless to say she moved away from the fax machine very quickly.

I got my faxing done but once we got out of the store my mom in turn freaked out at me for freaking out at the lady lol. I usually wouldn't say anything to people who do stuff like that. I usually just let it go as its not worth it. Although I then often end up carrying around the feeling that I should have said something and it ends up completely ruining my day. I don't know what was different this time that I actually said something. Cell phone rage maybe.
    Last edited by orangejello; 02-05-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Sorry this happened to you Eileen, people like her should just stay home. I can't say I've ever run into inconsiderate people most are apologetic and for no reason because usually when I go out I'm in no hurry. If there's a next time be a little more vocal.

Well, today I was pushing a grocey cart thru the local grocery and a lady came up...EXCUSE me please! I said sure, I surely do NOT want to be in anyone's way...and she proceeded to go 5 steps ahead of me to the book shelf, I came about two seconds later to look at magazines...right beside the books...and she chose a paperback, smacked it twice, and sauntered off...LOL.

Not sure WHY she was in such a hurry...rofl!!!

Go figure!