Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67

Thread: No more free movies

  1. #31

    free movies

    Here in Medina, Ohio our Regal Cinema allows the caregiver in free, saying that the handicapped person wouldn't be able to go without them....so I pay for my husband with SCI and I get in free. Hope they don't change that. Who know? It is one of the only benefits of this life that we have found!
    Brenda

  2. #32
    Heres a Scan of the card they gave me last night at Carmike.

    I'm willing to wager that they figured out how much more money they could have made with all the disabled folks that went to see Avatar and that was the powder keg point to make the change to charge us. Money rules everything I guess.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  3. #33
    Maybe so...
    They'll lose a bit of my business though. With 2 kids or 2 kids and their friends it gets expensive. Knowing that I got in free made it easier to go. Now I'll wait on a lot of movies I would have gone to if I could go free. Also if I have to pay for all three of us I'll go to the nice theater rather than the Carmike.
    So before at least they were getting 2 paid people now they may get none.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.


    Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    Maybe so...
    They'll lose a bit of my business though. With 2 kids or 2 kids and their friends it gets expensive. Knowing that I got in free made it easier to go. Now I'll wait on a lot of movies I would have gone to if I could go free. Also if I have to pay for all three of us I'll go to the nice theater rather than the Carmike.
    So before at least they were getting 2 paid people now they may get none.
    Yep, its a bummer for sure. Now I'm wishing Avatar had never come out. All these years getting in for free was nice, I go to a lot of movies. Not anymore I guess.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  5. #35
    Moderator jody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    east o the southern warren
    Posts
    8,530
    gosh lucky. never got anything for free because i am a gimp. well except pain and embarassment due to potty accidents, those are free.

  6. #36
    This is a link to an article I found on web. It appears as though the theatres have never complied with ADA laws.

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ed.html?cat=47

  7. #37
    What is the price on the ticket? Some years ago I got half price and the one with me got the same. I don't think I have been to the movie here since they change. I don't care if the one with me is going free.

    The usual price here is 20 dollars for a normal ticket, so now I have to pay 16. It is cheaper to wait and buy the film and I don't have to pay 12 dollars for the taxi.
    TH 12, 43 years post

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Moongazer1 View Post
    This is a link to an article I found on web. It appears as though the theatres have never complied with ADA laws.

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ed.html?cat=47
    It seems like since we are forced to sit in the front row we should only have to pay half price! We have to sit in the spots no one else wants to and still pay full price.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    It seems like since we are forced to sit in the front row we should only have to pay half price! We have to sit in the spots no one else wants to and still pay full price.
    Thats been my arguement for a long time now with a lot of things, especially Disney World/Land. They get 80 bucks for a ticket for a day and with a wheelchair you cant get on half the rides that require a long transfer of which they refuse to help out due to legal liability. I'm not crazy about being forced to sit up front at the movies either where theres steps I cannot climb for the stadium seating.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  10. #40
    At one theater near my moms you have to sit in a little enclsed box thing. There are walls on each side of you and it you are lucky a folding chair is in there for your "pusher". I never go there.

    I hate that at theme parks. They tell you that you can still see the shows so you must still pay. I can deal with that but when they charge full price for the waterpark it's really bs.

    As I always say - write a letter.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.


    Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •