Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No more free movies

No more free movies

I usually go to the Carmike Cinema because they always let me in free. Used to be me and a "pusher" got in free. Then they cut it back to just me. When I went a few days ago they said they weren't doing it anymore. I always heard they did it because of a lawsuit but never knew for sure. I'm sad. I loved this gimpathy discount. Anyone else finding this? Or is just my particular theater?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Never have been able to go free here.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    Never have been able to go free here.
    Me either Would be very nice tho!! Me and my boyfriend do a lot of movie dates.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I've been spoiled. I've been free at CArmikes in Ohio, Oklahoma, and Tennessee. I've been injured 4 years and rarely paid to go to a movie. I've heard others on here who got the same.
    The movie theater I usually go to is out of town but when I go to the one in town it was free too. However the one in town was built in ancient times and has no place level in the whole building. The bathroom is upstairs with the balcony. That's why I go out of town, about 45 minutes away. If the old one starts charging too I'll really be sad and they better find me a bathroom.

Regal Cinemas always charge me. Oh well who knows.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

In Canada the "Access 2 Entertainment" card can be used for either free or discount admission for one person accompanying a person with a disability. It depends on the venue if they want to waive the admission price all together, but the max price they can charge for your "support person" is $3.00. You usually have to pay full admission for yourself, although not always. I use it at movie theatres and museums and it essentially becomes a two for one admission price. Which is nice. The card costs $20 and is good for 5 years. But with movies costing almost $15 here, the card pays for itself very quickly.

http://www.access2.ca/venuesmenu.html

But that bites AddieSue My favorite independent art house theatre, which is where I usually go if I am going out to a movie, never charges me. And rarely charges whoever I am with either. At first I felt kind of weird about that. But I got over it. I like free stuff
    Last edited by orangejello; 02-05-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Years ago in the town I was living in at the time the local manager of the cinema never charged me or the friend that went with me. This wasn't official policy, he was just being a nice guy and the theatre was old and without the bells and gimmicks of newer theatres such as Dolby stereo and such. The place was pretty delapitated, but it was great for me, and as time wore on you just chose your spot wisely as the roof occasionally leaked and it smelled a little musty. It eventually closed, and to this day I feel a little guilty for accepting free admittance. Today it is just another store in a huge shopping mall. Newer, nicer, but without the heart.

I always buy popcorn to make up for the discount.

No freebies in my area. I can use my Medicare card for a senior citizen discount or my college ID for a student discount.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I like going to the movies, but I HATE sitting in the front! That is the only spot for wheelchairs at my theatre. I've gotten over it, but I'd much rather sit in the back!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I'm with you Gurly ..... I hate the front too. One theater near us has some at the back as well, but it is a multiplex, and they don;t have them at the back of all the theaters.

No freebies here addisue either. Oh well.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005