Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you need medical gloves for bowel program?/other

Do you need medical gloves for bowel program?/other

was wondering of you neede medical gloves or if the not for medical use gloves mattered for doing your bowel program?

I have had 2 accidents in the last week, I have been cooking with a smoker and the pork I made was great but it was the only change I can think of, the gloves are not for medical use but I did not think this mattered, was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this.

I have been using my stander more but I did not think this would change this up like this.
    I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    was wondering of you neede medical gloves or if the not for medical use gloves mattered for doing your bowel program?

I have had 2 accidents in the last week, I have been cooking with a smoker and the pork I made was great but it was the only change I can think of, the gloves are not for medical use but I did not think this mattered, was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this.

I have been using my stander more but I did not think this would change this up like this.
    been using the "not for medical use gloves " for 30 years, never liked the rubber kinda, always used some kind of co-polymer, ones i bought a couple years ago was for janitorial/food service type, something like 1000 gloves for 5 bucks
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Hi,
    HI,
    I dont see any reason that gloves have to be medical. Often, people use those because they come in hypoallergenic types, which some people need. I would definitely recommend disposable gloves however to prevent transmission of any bacteria, which are very common in stool.

AAD

yeah, some kind of glove would be a must. ew, the thought of not using gloves. a diaper genie or litter locker is nice to put the nasty gloves in to prevent smelling up the place. they wouldnt need to be steril, like cathing gloves need to be. at least mine are all steril.

Haha if i could use gloves i would, but because my fingers are mostly curled well.........................................u got to do what u got to do
    'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin

I would be hesitant to use the type of rubber gloves my wife has for washing dishes. They have these sure-grip ridges at the finger tips that would be a bit abrasive to say the least.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

rectal mucosa may be more prone to latex allergy so vinyl may be a safe choice

also safer for employees, if you're inclined to think about such matters

i put the cause of the accidents to the pork , a real sugary sauce o bbq sauce can give some spectacular effects to ab,s.
    doesnt mean it is not good, just could be very rich and fatty, which can taste very good.
    cauda equina

You don't need to use sterile gloves to do your bowel program at home. And the pork could be the problem....
    CKF

When I used to do a bowel program, before I got a total colectomy, I used those vinyl gloves you see in medical supply shops. I mainly did this for cleanliness, not for medical reasons.

Jessie
    (spastic paraparesis and L-4 SCI)