Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lyrica called "Pseudo Innovation"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lyrica called "Pseudo Innovation"

Hi
    in Germany Lyrica was declared as a Pseudo Innovation.
    The union of the health insurance companies (don´t know how it is called in the U.S.)
    investigated the benefit of Lyrica compared to its predecessor (probably neurontin).
    They came to the conclusion that there in no or few benefit.

I just took 150mg of this pseudo innovation and the burning stopped.

I'd like to know what kind of "investigation" they did. I also wonder how many of the ones that came to this conclusion have burning feet and/or hands, not to mention other areas of the body.

Maybe the insurance companies there don't want to eat the expense.

I'm with you, Arndog. I'm looking forward to my next dose, despite the few side effects that will hopefully go away. Anything's better than the burn!

"Apprehension" side effect needs to be considered

Lyrica does not give me the "angst" emotional side effect that Neurontin gives me, though others may have a different experience.

Neurontin did not help me. Lyrica is the only thing that helps with the burning and freezing feeling. Bumping from 100mg to 150mg made a huge difference.

2 day's ago My Dr just put me on Lyrica and last night it helped me I think because I was seriously tired anyways

Hopefully this new medicine helps me with my inside pain

About how long did it take others for them to notice differences ?

Thank you
    Gypsylady
    Last edited by GL; 02-12-2010 at 04:33 AM. Reason: typo

I was lucky enough to get my health insurance company to cover 50% on the cost for Lyrica after my doctor helped with letters and the like. Lyrica has been more effective than Neurontin was. Freaking pricey, especially 200 mg tabs tid. I had to cut down to where pain was at a manageable level (in combo with other meds), not only because of cost, but I was noticing on the Lyrica, I was feeling very lethargic much of the time.

Lyrica/Generic

Quote Originally Posted by pitterpaws View Post
    I was lucky enough to get my health insurance company to cover 50% on the cost for Lyrica after my doctor helped with letters and the like. Lyrica has been more effective than Neurontin was. Freaking pricey, especially 200 mg tabs tid. I had to cut down to where pain was at a manageable level (in combo with other meds), not only because of cost, but I was noticing on the Lyrica, I was feeling very lethargic much of the time.
    The pharmacist at Walgreens told me there is a new generic for Lyrica. I am going to talk to my doctor before I try it out.

There is no generic Lyrica (pregabalin) - that patent does not expire until 2013.

There is generic Neurontin (gabapentin) now.

Lyrica is a newer drug than neurontin, similar but not quite the same. You may or may not get the same results switching from pregabalin to gabapentin.

Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    There is no generic Lyrica (pregabalin) - that patent does not expire until 2013.

There is generic Neurontin (gabapentin) now.

Lyrica is a newer drug than neurontin, similar but not quite the same. You may or may not get the same results switching from pregabalin to gabapentin.
    Then I will have to ask them at Walgreens. I have to go pick up some more Lyrica in a day or two so I will let you all know what they say. Thanks!