Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fell out of bed today

Ryan, hoping that the MRI brings you some much deserved good news. I can imagine how frustrating this must be, and I am really sorry. Wish I lived close enough to drop over and help out some.

So sorry this happened to you, Ryan. Sure hope you are fully recovering and back to normal by now. Patty

Unfortunately, I have not healed. I still can't get my hand up to my mouth to eat. I had an MRI and have since moved everything over to this post. Thank you for your concern.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Well my shoulder is still killing me but at least I can feed myself now. I still can't push my chair but I feel it's getting better. It's just so so sore. I think I'm going to seek a second opinion on this. It's really taking a toll on my life. Hopefully I get a little function out of it soon. It's nice to be able to feed myself again, that's for sure. Now if only I could get it to stop hurting so much...
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Ryan, very glad to know you can feed yourself independently again, but sorry to hear the pain levels are still up there on the scale. I hope you can get some relief soon.

Great to hear that you're getting some function back. Being able to feed yourself is a very good start to getting full return.

I think a second opinion is a really good idea. We can't be too careful when it comes to our shoulders, so having another set of expert eyes take a look at your films and treatment plan -- as well as assess if there's anything that can help bring the pain levels down -- is an investment in your independence. Go for it, and let us know what you find out.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar