Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fell out of bed today

well monkeys flying outa yr ass doesnt sound very fun at all. I must learn to be grateful for still having use of my hands. There have been some loss of function for me which has really bummed me out. I can still play an instrument, just not as well, and not as long, and it affects driving as well as chopping, using a knife or scissors, or other hand tools. I am feeling guilty for being so bummed about this change.
    I hope you are healing up fast, and not hurting too much. still, how to alert someone if you slide or tip or even fall out of bed again. can the bedpad or mattress be secured to prevent sliding in the future? what about pinning or sticking the call button to your bed rail?

Rye, sorry to hear about this. I met the driveway today, so I kinda know how you feel. But I am not dealing with the after effects you are. Hope that hand comes back fast. You must be frustrated.

Would a wider bed keep you from falling ..... more room.

I know when I was in rehab, making plans to come home they did not want me in a narrow bed. The felt a queen was the minimal for turning in. If you are going to position yourself, do you need more space?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Damm, that sucks, sounds like youve had a really tough go of things lately, its gotta get better in time.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Well thank all of you guys. I'm still going nuts because my shoulders still isn't working properly. I better get that function back or I'm just done. I don't know what else to say. I'm just so frustrated and tired of all these problems, one after another.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Hang in ry, I kissed the ground yesterday too. bruised up but up, CT winter bad this year for icy patches.
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Quote Originally Posted by bollefen View Post
    Hang in ry, I kissed the ground yesterday too. bruised up but up, CT winter bad this year for icy patches.
    I hear ya!

Rye .... I have pinched nerves in my shoulders before, and they always came back, but usually pretty quickly. But I am hoping yours will be fine, I can imagine you are worried!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Ryan....you have some of the craziest crap happen to you... I agree, it is a good thing you are one tough SOB. You keep growling at the bad luck and find a way to get to the next day....jus wish you didnt have to keep getting into these situations.......hope you have better luck ahead.

Hi Rybread I Hope youre feeling better soon
    Always thinking about you myfriend
    The other day I told a friend My arms are my legs and when my shoulders / hands bother me it just hits me hard .

If you ever need anything e mail me and I'll do my best
    Keep Smiling
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsylady

Hi Ryan,
    Start of a new day and I hope the pain is lessening. I agree something like medic alert button might be helpful. I am not sure, but I think there might even be funding for one from various agencies. Maybe someone else who knows more can weigh in on this. In any event, they cost about a buck a day, can be worn everywhere, including the shower, and have been very helpful to several people who live in my building. Hoping for no cranberry cows, but lots of flying monkeys today for you.

Sorry you fell Ryan.
    Saying prayers you get full strength & mobility in your arms.
    Hang in there. Things have to look up soon.