Thread: 18x16 80 Degree Classic Frame Quickie Q7

18x16 80 Degree Classic Frame Quickie Q7

Link to posts buried in a related thread that actually evolved into a review...

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    What is the height from the bottom of the caster barrel to the floor? I'm considering getting a pair of Uni-Tine forks for my ZR. (Would it be necessary to screw the stem bolt back the ~ 1/4" or so that I had to lengthen them to fit the Top End forks?)

Those are not Frog Legs Uni-Tines. I believe the single sided forks on this GTi were...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=122749

The lowest of the two holes on that fork corresponded to the middle hole of the TiLite or Crossfire 3 hole fork. The bearing was flush on the underside (no recess), so they probably would be a straight swap on your particular chair. The Uni-Tines Sunrise sent me for the GTi used a bearing which was slightly under 1/2" ID and would not fit the TiLite stem stud. Frog Legs probably uses a 1/2" ID bearing for the TiLite version. Bottom line: They should be a straight forward swap, but you would have to switch to 4x1.5's to keep your STF.

Bottom line: They should be a straight forward swap, but you would have to switch to 4x1.5's to keep your STF.
    Thanks! And I'm holding you to it.

Just looked at the Sportaid Uni-Tine section of the web site. The GTi forks are FrogLegs Uni-Tines with 12mm bearings. The ZR/ZRa version are mounted just like the version of Frog Legs suspension forks designed for that chair. You would actually remove your stem stud and you screw the Uni-Tines into the frame with a wrench...

hello SCI,

looking this chair, I've noticed the rigid backrest, and I think sounds good for me, it is a Jay3 ?

let me know please.