Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV alert: ReWalk exoskeleton suit

TV alert: ReWalk exoskeleton suit

Tomorrow's Good Morning America will feature a segment on the ReWalk exoskeleton suit which enables paraplegics to walk and climb steps. And it can be all yours for the bargain price of about $35,000! which is only about 3,000 bake sales per person, so no complaining!!

Or maybe someday it will be featured on Oprah! and she can give them away for free: "You're gonna get a ReWalk and you're gonna get a ReWalk and you're gonna get a ReWalk . . ."

Until then let's keep on dishing about those riveting new Quickie caster swings because that's quality-of-life changing!

In case you miss the GMA spot -- the video will undoubtedly be posted on their site -- you can see a lot more video of the ReWalk at the distributor's website.

I've been watching this thing for some time. The intro price that was quoted earlier was $20k. Either way, I doubt my insurance's DME allowance would cover it!

it'll be interesting to see how insurance companies argue that ambulation isn't medically necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
    I've been watching this thing for some time. The intro price that was quoted earlier was $20k. Either way, I doubt my insurance's DME allowance would cover it!
    My price info is hardly authoritative. Maybe the extra $15K gets you the jet pack, and worth every penny. Why stop at just walking?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From Argo's website:
    What will be the price of the ReWalk™?
    The price hasn’t been established yet. However, we’re targeting for an annual consumer (end-user) price comparable with typical average annual expenses of people confined to wheelchairs.
    Translation, anyone??
    Last edited by stephen212; 02-04-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From Arog's website:
    What will be the price of the ReWalk™?
    The price hasn’t been established yet. However, we’re targeting for an annual consumer (end-user) price comparable with typical average annual expenses of people confined to wheelchairs.
    Translation, anyone??
    maybe between $29-57k?

http://www.spinalcord.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=116979

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want 2 so i can smash one in a rage! git sum bread, git sum bread
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    it'll be interesting to see how insurance companies argue that ambulation isn't medically necessary...
    Their legal staff (in consultation with their medical director) has already constructed the refusal letter.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Until then let's keep on dishing about those riveting new Quickie caster swings because that's quality-of-life changing!
    I'm still hoping that science will produce a caster that doesn't wrap hair around the axle. I know this may take many generations to achieve. But I hear rumors that TiLite may have a design out in five or ten years that allows easy caster removal and reassembly for hair removal. Go ahead, call me a dreamer.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

I'm building my own!

I always thought that part of the cure will be technology based or some sort of nano therapy to bridge the gap of what the body cannot accomplish.