Thread: supra pubic and bladder sling

supra pubic and bladder sling

Hi all. I'm getting surgery in a couple of weeks at Hopkins for a supra pubic. I have a pretty flaccid bladder that doesn't hold any urine even with drugs. Dr. Wright mentioned putting a sling in and after doing some research online, I came here for help from people that might have had this done.

I'm pretty paranoid about any sort of leaking since I'm dealing with that quite a bit now. We just went up a size in catheter and it worked for a while. I was curioius to know if it would be more beneficial for me to have my urethra tied or have the sling. I'm currently a T 7/8 para from encephalomyelitis. I'm post 8 1/2 years.

I came up with no results while searching online so any advice or experiences that may help make a decision I am comfortable with would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    Stacy

Hello,

It is good that you are trying to review all options before changing your current method to a suprapubic catheter, though these can be reversed if necessary.

The sling surgery will mainly support your bladder in an angle which may help with leaking. Review this post as it answers some of your questions and also here is a link that reviews the process.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=108989

http://www.urologychannel.com/incont...ent_surg.shtml

Let's see what others have to say.

AAD

Thanks for the quick reply. I wear depends now and am over it and if I decide on getting the sling procedure done, I'd be afraid to go without them. After reading the info you provided, I'm still as confused as ever. The sling might be better just in case something goes wrong with the supra pubic site then there is a way to my bladder.

Thanks again,
    Stacy