Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full size 4x4 van with w/c lift?

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
    Any pics? The ol' 7.3's run pretty good huh? I like it in my superduty. To bad you can't get a 6.4 in the van's anymore
    I have had all three motors and I have to say the 7.3 is the best, I like how quiet the 6.4 is but the fuel mileage sucks. They are coming out with "scorpion" and its a 6.7 here is a small write up about it.
    First Raptor, now Scorpion! Ford knows how to pick the coolest names for its future truck programs. But while it's tough to camouflage the purpose-built nature of Ford's upcoming F-150 'Raptor' desert runner, don't let the subtle looks of the F-350 Super Duty mule in this picture fool you. Reliable sources tell us that what's under the hood of this pickup is much more important to Ford. It's the all new, Ford designed 'Scorpion' 6.7-liter V8 diesel engine that will replace the current Navistar supplied 6.4-liter V8 Power Stroke by 2011.
    How important? Diesels make up almost 80% of Super Duty sales. And the move is expected to permanently end Ford's longtime use of Navistar built diesel engines in its heavy duty pickups, due to an ongoing legal battle between the two companies over warranty and cost issues related to the old 6.0-liter V8 Power Stroke (model years 2003 to 2007). Ford has used Navistar diesels in its F-Series trucks since 1982.
    Hard to believe but from the looks of this mule, the Super Duty may grow a bit bigger than the current truck to accommodate the larger displacement Scorpion diesel. Its raised hood is taller across almost its entire width and it has an overbite, hanging slightly over the current model's big chrome grille. Our sources tell us the Scorpion-powered Super Duty will also receive a new 6-speed automatic transmission, to directly compete with General Motors' and Chrysler's 6-speed heavy duty trucks.
    PhotoCredit: Brian Williams for Brenda Priddy & Company
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

I know a crap ton when it comes to ford diesels. I'd love to have a 6.4. Just today one made 1045hp on the dyno with very minimal mods. The new 6.7 is going to be an animal. I really love the reverse flow heads, and think that it'll help drivability tons, the turbo should spool almost instant!! The 6.4's do get decent mileage. I know a few that have ccsb trucks and are averaging 17mpg with the dpf still on. One's that remove them have seen 20mpg+.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

I know a crap ton when it comes to ford diesels. I'd love to have a 6.4. Just today one made 1045hp on the dyno with very minimal mods. The new 6.7 is going to be an animal. I really love the reverse flow heads, and think that it'll help drivability tons, the turbo should spool almost instant!! The 6.4's do get decent mileage. I know a few that have ccsb trucks and are averaging 17mpg with the dpf still on. One's that remove them have seen 20mpg+.
    Really I pulled a a 4 place bike trailer and my trike in the back of my 08 F250 crewcab and could not get better than 8.8 I have 16K know and I am getting 15.9 at best my powerstoke back in the day was getting 18 plus all day long. I get it updated everytime I get the oil changed that is the only reason I am having them do it.

4X4 Van

Any pics? The ol' 7.3's run pretty good huh? I like it in my superduty. To bad you can't get a 6.4 in the van's anymore
    I'll work on getting some pictures to post. I prefer the 7.3 because it has stood the test of time. I opted for the 3.50 gears and am very happy with the performance. Mileage has been between 15 and 19, but seems to be improving (75K on it). Big plus is that it will run all day at 75mph or idle for hours in 100+ weather and never overheat.

I have a 01 Dodge 2500 pick-up with the 5.9 Cummins diesel and get great fuel milage with it ,, 19 hwy 15 ave city and still get 15-16 towing.
    I love the diesels. Plus the 3/4 ton suspension is way better than the half ton trucks..Also I think I saw a 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive van for sale in California on one of the websites , I will look around if you want..

Gary

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I had a 7.3 liter Turbo in my 1996 F-250.
    I always got 19 mpg and I had a tall old fashion, wooden frame topper.
    It was about 2 feet taller than the cab so it did effect wind resistance a little.
    Wonderful truck and I am very upset that the damn bear crashed it for me.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by garyv View Post
    I have a 01 Dodge 2500 pick-up with the 5.9 Cummins diesel and get great fuel milage with it ,, 19 hwy 15 ave city and still get 15-16 towing.
    I love the diesels. Plus the 3/4 ton suspension is way better than the half ton trucks..Also I think I saw a 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive van for sale in California on one of the websites , I will look around if you want..

Gary
    Right now there are/were 2 on ebay, but I think for the time being I'm gonna stick with my 7.3 superduty. Maybe I'll drive it till she can't go no more. 299,749 miles... By Saturday it'll have over 300k
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Nissan is bringing a new full size van to market and since it is Titan based or will replace the Titan chassis there is hope 4wd will be offered soon.
    Also a diesel would be nice.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/10/n...e-different-f/

I looks like the high top might work without a drop floor.

We will be in contact with Nissan soon about a possible SEMA project vehicle to bring together the mobility/camping markets doing something like our current vehicle.
    www.disabledexplorers.org
    Backcountry recreation for the disabled in the Wheelchair Accessible Van for Expeditions

foreign=yuck
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Puke!!! USA I agree...