Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Olympic Torch Run

Quote Originally Posted by orangejello View Post
    Ok, so he's not:

a) Canadian
    b) connected to Vancouver or BC in anyway I can think of
    c) a past olympian

So why is he running with the torch on the day the Olympics open? Any idea? Seems totally random to me and also kind of cheapens the event when there are so many others who are more deserving to carry the torch for contributions they have made to life in Canada and BC, on today of all days.
    I believe the answer is:
    d) pioneered the use of anabolic steroids in sports

I just got back from shooting video of Sam Sullivan's 'run' with the torch. It was the first public use of C-Media's PoleCam wheelchair. It was the craziest 10 minutes of my life. I drive the chair with my left hand on the joystick, and the camera with a joystick in my right hand. The pole I raise and lower via sip and puff. The feedback from the camera I get from a high-definition monitor just in front of me.

I was inside the security cordon at the beginning but when I dropped back I had a motorcycle cop cut me off like I was a suicide bomber. I ducked around the bike and led Sam with the camera facing back toward him. All of the sudden I'm between the next torchbearer and Sam, so I got a great shot of him passing on the flame. A massive group of protesters was 30 seconds too late to block Sam's way. They were however blocking a main intersection just behind us, so I turned and with the camera still rolling and the pole up high, drove right into the middle of the masked protesters. I sat there and rotated the camera getting some phenomenal footage.

Exciting morning!

As promised...

Video of the C-Media's PoleCam from a CBC piece yesterday. It shows 2 seconds of my illustrious torch run.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...68&postcount=1

Pretty cool VQ...you're right, who better to use a joystick camera than those who use joysticks all day long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    Video of the C-Media's PoleCam from a CBC piece yesterday. It shows 2 seconds of my illustrious torch run.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...68&postcount=1
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!