Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Grammys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Grammys

I thought were well done. Did they usually go without a host? My apologies to Todd but I'd swear they shoot Lady Gaga up with one drug to get her going and use a cool down formula when she's done. Did you see that catatonic, glazed gaze on her face? Good dual performance though. I'm sure there were a million squeals of delight when dual pianos rolled out, some even from females.
    And the truth shall set you free.

I'm a bit pissed at the Grammys for obvious reasons. LMAO! I haven't been this disappointed since they didn't give Album of the Year to Madonna for Ray of Light.

But in the end, it's only an awards show, it doesn't take away from what makes a true creative talent.

Beyonce over Gaga? How scary IS Kanye anyway? Pokerface instead of Bad Romance? Imma let you finish, but that was a travesty. Loved Gaga and Elton.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Beyonce over Gaga? How scary IS Kanye anyway? Pokerface instead of Bad Romance? Imma let you finish, but that was a travesty. Loved Gaga and Elton.
    No, Beyoncé is cool and has been in the business for years now, but Taylor Swift is way overrated; this is a sentiment held by even many Country fans I know. I heard some of Fearless and the album is fucking boring. Reba McEntire still puts out better music than Taylor Swift.

Having said that, I do believe The Fame deserved Album of the Year, as it was far more critically acclaimed and commercially successful. Pokerface was arguably the biggest international hit of 2009 and it was passed over by two songs I don't think were more deserving.

Only got to watch the first part and then some some friends came over so we had to be "polite". I have to say that opening number with Lady GaGa blew me away. She has a great voice, and Elton is always great.

I think Beyonce is so beautiful, but Taylor Swift doesn't show me much.

All that talent under the same roof, is amazing. Can you imagine the jam?
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkPals View Post

All that talent under the same roof, is amazing. Can you imagine the jam?
    when you say talent, I assume you're not including Jamie Foxx's appearance. What the hell was that?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    when you say talent, I assume you're not including Jamie Foxx's appearance. What the hell was that?!?
    I missed that part, Van. Sounds like it's a good thing, huh?
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkPals View Post
    I missed that part, Van. Sounds like it's a good thing, huh?
    That drove me from the channel. Pink's performance was the highlight.

OK...you got a diehard Taylor Swift fan here...I'm so proud of her....she accomplished so much this year....to be that young with that much pure talent...awesome!

I will say that Lady GaGa just is not my type of music, but she and Elton did an outstanding job on that duet...yeah!!! Guess it is different strokes for different folks...and I will say that just by watching that, I will keep my ear peeled to see what Lady GaGa sings next...at least I am sitting up and taking notice a bit...lol.

congratulations to all the winners and nominees!!!

Teena

I was being nice, not mentioning Taylor. Stevie Nicks singing backup on Rhiannon = another travesty! Not a huge Beyonce fan, no hatred, just don't think she holds a candle to Gaga. Gaga, spectacle aside, girlfriend's got pipes. Reminds me of Cyndi Lauper in the olden days. I'm kind of burned out on Pokerface at this point. (Except Johnny Weir skating to it, could watch that all day.)