Thread: Good Software for Creating CD Lables

Good Software for Creating CD Lables

Does anyone have experience with good software for prining Music CD labels? Both for the jewel covers and the face of the CD itself. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to incorprate photos. Tried CDStomper and its pretty clumsy.

Thanks,

Steve

Nero6 has a built in CD cover designer, but I've never used it. I just use this, but it wont do photos.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

jimnms

Thanks for your response. Like I mentioned before I bought CD Stomper and didn't like it because it wasn't very flexible. I ended up using a package from Fellowes and that worked extremely well.

I made CDs for our wedding day that had the dinner music we played when the band took a break during dinner. The cover of the CD was a picture of the two of us and it had our guests name and the table they would be sitting at. We also put a cool picture of Maui we took on the inside of the jewel case and had a list of songs on the back of the jewel case with another great picture. We used one of the standard photos of a forest (since we were married outdoors in a grove of oak trees) that the package provided for the CD label itself. People really appreciated having the CD and a number listened to it after the wedding on the drive home.

Steve

I have been usingSurething CD Labeler for about a year. It is by far the easiest to use and has a ton of backgrounds and designs to choose from. For music CDs, it will even import from Windows Media player album and song titles. They have a free version to try on the Web site.

Other than writing on the CD's with a Sharpie, I usually don't make covers for the case. I did a few, but I used Paint Shop Pro. I created an image with the dimensions of a CD case, printed it and cut it to size.

We used to have a CD lable maker at an ISP I worked at a long time ago. We quit using it because if you get the lable off just a little bit it will cause the CD to vibrate and it won't read correctly.

I saw a printer on The Screen Savers show that uses an ink jet to print directly on CD itself, but you have to buy CD's that can be printed on. It was pretty expensive IIRC, but if you do alot of labling it would be the best thing.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

jimnms and Carl

Thanks for the information. Between the high gloss labels for the CD, the high gloss jewel case booklets, tray liners and photo quality ink it got a bit expensive to make 45 CDs but our guests enjoyed them.

Carl - The Fellowes package also has a feature to import the album and song titles which will be useful.

jimnms - Yes I got a few labels a bit off center and noticed the vibration. I had to redo these. The package had a label mounting device that made it easier but you still had to be careful.

Thanks for the information....Steve