Thread: Truck Slams Into Pedestrian Overpass (VIDEO)

Truck Slams Into Pedestrian Overpass (VIDEO)

Check this out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_442634.html

Fortunately, no one was seriously injured or died, though, I'd imagine I'd suffer from PTSD if I were walking on that thing and fell in that scenario.

Apparently, the two reporters find it more funny than I did, as one laughs reporting it. I can understand finding humor in these things, but this particular one didn't strike me funny.

Amazing video, it looks like 2 people fell instead of just one. The summer before my injury I worked on a clean up crew and we had to take loads to the landfill all day, to sit shotgun with the driver was a coveted job cuz that meant all you had to do was drive around all day to the dump and that beat having to rake weeds in 110 degree heat. I was on such run when the dump truck bed came up while we were driving on a major street - thank god the bed was empty something happened to it because it wouldn't go down so we had to pull over. The driver ended up getting under the truck and I don't know what he did but the bed fell fast and hard and I was like oh shit, we just piled back in the truck and went back to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Amazing video, it looks like 2 people fell instead of just one. The summer before my injury I worked on a clean up crew and we had to take loads to the landfill all day, to sit shotgun with the driver was a coveted job cuz that meant all you had to do was drive around all day to the dump and that beat having to rake weeds in 110 degree heat. I was on such run when the dump truck bed came up while we were driving on a major street - thank god the bed was empty something happened to it because it wouldn't go down so we had to pull over. The driver ended up getting under the truck and I don't know what he did but the bed fell fast and hard and I was like oh shit, we just piled back in the truck and went back to the site.
    Props to you, you were an amazingly tough woman! I don't have a sexist bone in my body, but damn, not only did you do a job that men typically do, but you worked alongside them doing it. Did you experience any sexism?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Props to you, you were an amazingly tough woman! I don't have a sexist bone in my body, but damn, not only did you do a job that men typically do, but you worked alongside them doing it. Did you experience any sexism?
    LTF it was hardly work none of us was skilled we were all high school kids and I'm sure you would have fit in because my friend on the crew was gay and we got along with all the guys who were star hs football players - you had to know someone to get this job cuz it was good pay for the time (85). I don't recall much sexism but I do remember one time going to the bathroom at this station house and I kid you not every man that worked there was in the breakroom playing cards (talk about a choice job) and when I walked by every eye followed and when I came out they were gone but they had all went outside to watch us play football in the parking lot. Men are men but most were very cool to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    LTF it was hardly work none of us was skilled we were all high school kids and I'm sure you would have fit in because my friend on the crew was gay and we got along with all the guys who were star hs football players - you had to know someone to get this job cuz it was good pay for the time (85). I don't recall much sexism but I do remember one time going to the bathroom at this station house and I kid you not every man that worked there was in the breakroom playing cards (talk about a choice job) and when I walked by every eye followed and when I came out they were gone but they had all went outside to watch us play football in the parking lot. Men are men but most were very cool to me.
    That's very cool. If I may, I'm not surprised eyes followed you, you're a very beautiful woman from what I see in your avatar.