Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: soft roll casters

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    It really depends on you, your chair, and how you function in it. With a ZRa, you would definitely notice a difference. Whether the difference would be good or bad I can't say. Frog Legs Suspension Forks may absorb bumps and reduce impact related spasms if you experience them, but they may also make the chair more-prone to tip during transfers (aka "endo a la feunte").
    oh yah, endo factor here. if you drive a car i wouldnt get them, the soft rolls are plenty. i wouldnt go any higher than 4x1.5
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

fuente im having problems wit my 4x1 caster so im looking for something a little bigger

Quote Originally Posted by TeamLuke View Post
    fuente im having problems wit my 4x1 caster so im looking for something a little bigger
    Yes, but the difference between your 4x1 with a softroll 4x1.5 it`s like day and night.

so your suggesting the 4x1.5 soft roll

so your suggesting the 4x1.5 soft roll
    I`m not suggesting you the size of your casters, i`m only saying that it`s a big difference if you have softroll casters.

If you need something bigger go for a 5", but for a softroll casters 5x1.5.

whats up guys im currently running a 4" by 1" hard roll caster im trying to figure out if i can run a soft roll caster and how big i should get them please let me know
    its not that im having problem i just switched to bigger rear wheels and now the foot plate on my tilite zra is pretty close to the ground i want the bigger caster to get some more clearance
    These aren't exactly the same question. If you need more height in the front, move your casters to the bottom hole of your forks, if you haven't already. If going to a larger caster, you must be sure you have the clerance for it in regards to your footplate.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I use the sofroll 5x1.5" mainly due to the gravel and stuff that my dogs kick up on my sidealk to the workshop. I wonder if they do it purposely.

The larger the wheel circumference the less likely a person will get that sudden stop caused by a small stone or whatever we hit. It's also easier to go over grass. The width really helps when wheelin' in softer suraces.

I'd take a good 1.5 width softroll over Froglegs any day of the week. Esp. the aluminum hub softroll.

Luke- I suspect we are dealing with a lot of the same issues terrain wise. I put the 5x1.5 softroll on my zra and it was the single most significant change I've made to my chair. First because of the noise issue. No more shopping cart on gravel noise or even the tiles in the house. Now they can't see me coming. secondly the cantilevered ti frame combined with the bigger softroll made for a much smoother ride. Definitely steer clear of the full froglegs program is my advice. The softroll alone help with the endo factor but combined with the shock it goes the opposite direction. For gravel and snow the 1.5 made a huge difference and the 5" will get you up in the front again. Good luck.
    -------------------------
    "...the most reliable and useful courage was that which arises from the fair estimation of the encountered peril..." Herman Melville: Moby Dick

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Yes, but the difference between your 4x1 with a softroll 4x1.5 it`s like day and night.
    I find the 1" thick ones to be slightly better. You can turn quicker. The 1.5" ones don't maneuver on grass or gravel that much better than the 1" wheels. I'm gonna keep them on because they're not horrible at all and they do look pretty cool. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sam10685 View Post
    I find the 1" thick ones to be slightly better. You can turn quicker. The 1.5" ones don't maneuver on grass or gravel that much better than the 1" wheels. I'm gonna keep them on because they're not horrible at all and they do look pretty cool. Lol.
    I`ve got a friend with a Quickie Ti with 4x1 casters, well, i tried his chair and riding with it is a shit compared with my Quickie GTX with 5x1.5.
    Of course if you want a chair for have quick turns in your house softroll are not your casters, they are designed for active user for outdoors, for someone for example who is working 8 hours in a office and after take his car for go to the house the best option will be a 3x1 or 4x1 in aluminium for the cool look, they don`t need softroll casters.