Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: home theater/surround sound

home theater/surround sound

why is my sound playing for my dvd playing but not the picture? what got unplugged when my pal plugged in my wii?

help.

the hurt locker isn't gonna watch itself. lol.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

ps i googled for the manual and did try to resolve this myself. its a

sa ht740 panasonic

Are the video & audio cords plugged in and in the right spot?
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    Are the video & audio cords plugged in and in the right spot?
    yeah, it appears so, but ever since I plugged in my wii, my system won't play dvds- just their sound... is it jealous?

I figured I'm probably overlooking something totally simple with my history re:electronics

So the DVD and Wii are both connected? And does the picture & Audio both work for the Wii?

I don't know too much about that stuff, but I would think that the video cord from the DVD isn't connected right. I'm sure someone on here will be able to get you working.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

yeah, everything for the wii works, and everything for the stereo/surround sound dvd player whatever thing plays except now for some reason the picture won't play for my dvd's but the sound is crystal clear...

my guess is you have the dvd and wii on different inputs into your screen. On the remote for the screen there should be a input/source/av button that will let you toggle through diff inputs ie av1/av2/av3/hdmi1/hdmi2/etc. Put your dvd on so you can hear it then try every source/input option.

Quote Originally Posted by brocko View Post
    my guess is you have the dvd and wii on different inputs into your screen. On the remote for the screen there should be a input/source/av button that will let you toggle through diff inputs ie av1/av2/av3/hdmi1/hdmi2/etc. Put your dvd on so you can hear it then try every source/input option.
    the remote for the 'screen' is just the standard comcast remote everyone has, and there's not a button for that... the way i option for the wii is by using the tv/vcr button, and i tried surfing through all channels w/that and the wii unplugged even.
    nothin.

Looks like you should be able to get a manual for your system HERE ... or dwnld the PDF here (I think this manual can be dwnlded from the first site too).

What other buttons are there beside the tv/VCR button? Maybe the DVD is not connecting because you are trying to access via vcr switch, or some other sort of conflict with video input/output (I have separate buttons for dvd/video and vcr)?

Was there a remote that came with the System? If that standard universal remote doesn't have an 'input' button or a tv/video button, then it may be better trying from the remote the system came with.

So, you unplugged the wii and had dvd wires all connected back to it's original places and it still didn't work? If you haven't yet, maybe try doing this and starting from scratch and see what happens.

Maybe try changing the channel on the actual television and not the cable box itself. Also,when the problem you have happens, usually it is because you have the right av audio plugs in (if you are using the red white and yellow inputs) but not the right av visual plugs. If you have just the single wire high def cord going in then it shouldn't matter. Hope you get it fixed.
    Ken

Guns don't kill people. Daddys with cute daughters do!