Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: High heating bills?

I've never heard of the program KLD mentioned, but there is the federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) that's available in every state. LIHEAP is a Federally-funded program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills for heating or air conditioning.

Your LIHEAP program may be able to offer you one or more of the following types of assistance:

• Bill payment assistance.
    • Energy crisis assistance.
    • Weatherization and energy-related home repairs.

Some states may also offer assistance specifically for pw/ds.
    To learn more, contact the LIHEAP office in your state.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

My farm in the WV mountains has a natural gas well. The heating bill is always the same, $0.00. Here in the semi-tropics, we had a cold snap that lasted almost two weeks. The heater ran more during that time than the total of all the rest of the years I have lived in this house. Today, I've got the doors and windows open, as I do most days. I'll gladly pay for the heat (and the A/C when the ocean breezes lay down) in exchange for flowers in bloom and wearing shorts and tee shirts 12 months per year. I'll also trade ice storms, slick roads, frozen pipes, frozen push rims and air that bites skin for hurricanes. Some people get energized by the cold and snow. I'm not one of those people.

And Curt's not that cranky.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg