Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana & Me

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I disagree it is not addictive. I had some very bad headaches and mood swings the first two weeks of stopping. the need to smoke is very strong, and lessens the longer you go without. After a while the want is just a passing thing. not something that would make me cry. so I am of the opinion that it does have some addictive properties.
    Your experience is interesting (although of course I'm sorry you went through it).

I was doing some reading - it seems that it isn't usually, technically, considered physically addicting since users don't go through a big withdrawal syndrome like heroin, cocaine, or even the DTs of alcoholism.

But of course, that doesn't mean that there are no effects of stopping it - there can be effects from stopping many legal medications as well - but it isn't necessarily considered physical addiction.

I think I'm being pretty technical here - and if a person wants to stop, and is unable to - then they have a problem, whether it is psychological or physical AND psychological.

marijuana

I have read CC posts and other pieces on the positive effects marijuana can have. I'm not a true believer, but I do believe that those who use like it to a point they cannot get off the marijuana train.

I replaced my SCI pain, etc. with hobbies, volunteering and other activities that make me smile. I don't want to come off as "I am better than you" because I choose not to use marijuana. We all have to joust with the demons of SCI in our own ways.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Judgmental much?
    Quote Originally Posted by wazabiker View Post
    I have read CC posts and other pieces on the positive effects marijuana can have. I'm not a true believer, but I do believe that those who use like it to a point they cannot get off the marijuana train.
    I replaced my SCI pain, etc. with hobbies, volunteering and other activities that make me smile. I don't want to come off as "I am better than you" because I choose not to use marijuana
    Too late.

We all have to joust with the demons of SCI in our own ways.
    Yes we do, and MJ helps thousands of people...and yes, they get off the "MJ train," as you put it, when it's no longer effective. Enlighten yourself.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I replaced my SCI pain, etc. with hobbies, volunteering and other activities that make me smile. I don't want to come off as "I am better than you" because I choose not to use marijuana. We all have to joust with the demons of SCI in our own ways.
    I do little of both. Keep busy and medicate. But not at the same time; it eats your ambition. Cocktail hour when work is done. No wake and bake. It just gets tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Judgmental much?

Too late.

Yes we do, and MJ helps thousands of people...and yes, they get off the "MJ train," as you put it, when it's no longer effective. Enlighten yourself.
    I am way too old for marijuana enlightenment. Much rather do those activities I enjoy and are not habit forming.

If stopping marijuana use was so easy, why was this thread started?
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I meant enlightenment concerning the following belief of yours: I do believe that those who use like it to a point they cannot get off the marijuana train.

It's a gross generalization and simply not true.
    I am way too old for marijuana enlightenment. Much rather do those activities I enjoy and are not habit forming.

Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

"I should say, I want you all to know Marijuana is absolutely NOT addictive. It's just that I am trying to avoid other drugs, because I know if I go that route there's no going back. So, in doing that, I'm holding onto Marijuana to cure my physical problems and my mental ones... so I've become dependent on it, I don't want to let it go." in the OPs on words from the second post.

Physical and mental problems...I am trying to avoid other drugs...
    Then READ the first post. It's obvious the ops ills are not related to smoking pot. It goes far deeper and predates pot use.

Useless RDF, folks will propagate the myth til they die.

Crap, if folks READ what was said before they type..

Almost anyone can get addicted to anything. Sorry you're in a rough spot, guy- and good luck getting out of it. From what I know it should be easier to kick the tweeds than other things, but you need to talk to someone so your pot mojo doesn't just get shifted to something else, you know?
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I'm always going to think of this http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=3914279 as it pertains to the subject in general.

Doesn't always half to be all or nothing. If, as OP was getting at, you find yourself using too much and wonder if life would be more productive by cutting back...then cut back! You'll find it much easier to discipline yourself to "after hours" or whatever than stressing about never partaking for the rest of your life. Me, I got off the sanctioned prescription meds as fast as I could as they were bringing me down.

Along the lines of what Capn says, you might find it's not the root of all your problems. Or maybe it is! Either way good luck....

all things in moderation...