Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vitaglide has arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Use a heart rate monitor. If you are going to spend the time working out, you may as well do it efficiently. Working in the different cardio zones helps build the cardio and lose the fat.

If a person is out of shape, they will more than likely jump right into the aerobotic(?) zone where latic build up happens. Aerobic zone(?) is the fat burning zone.

Using Heartrate as a guide really helps in geting in shape faster with better results.
    Here's a good site for geting heartrae caculations:

machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/heart_rate/heart_rate_zone_calculator_abcc_bcf.html
    Patrick,
    So if I want to lose more weight, it's better to work out at 60-70% of my max heart rate? Mine is 180 using the 220 minus age (40) method. So I should try to keep my heart rate around 108-126 to burn more fat? If this is the case, it may explain my slow weight loss......I've been working my ass off since January and have lost 12 pounds. Which according to professionals is about right (1-2lbs per week), but I thought at the intensity of my workouts, it would be higher. My heart rate averages between 140-150 on the Vitaglide and 150-155 on the SciFit.

Do I need to slow down in order to speed up the weight loss?
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Hi Larry,

No, slowing down to the "fat burning zone" is a myth. You will not burn more fat in that slower zone, just a greater ratio of fat: sugar. At a higher heart rate you'll burn more all round, both fat and carbs, just a smaller fraction of fat: carb.

See this: http://www.novafeel.com/fitness/myths.htm

For someone 40 years old (I'm 39), 108-126 is not a workout at all. Keep up the good work.

I hear you on spinning the wheels and not losing what we thought we should lol. We also have to workout harder for the same results as a/b's just for the fact that we are using smaller muscle groups, arms, vs. working with the larger muscle groups, legs gluts etc.

You probably just need to tweak you workout a bit. Here's an article from Carlos Moleda on Base buildup:http://www.handcycleracing.com/Base%20Building.htm It wouldn't hurt to contact Carlos for some training advice. At 45.00 for a couple of months it is worth it. Remember, how we work out and burn carbs and calories is different than an a/b so the workouts should be tailored so.

You're doing it, Keep it up. I agree with Catlady, a person does need to work the higher zones, but they need to build the base first to efficiently work in the higher ones.

GOOD.
    Is your cover yellow? or weird green like mine?

I have to send the V section back, something is making it bind up, only had it for 10 days. I am only good for about a minute on level one. At first I thought holy shit I'm outta R4 ds shape, but talked to them and something is wrong.

Good customer service though, they are gonna email me a label and arrange for UPS to come pick it up.

Just found out that Vitaglide is no longer being produced. Sucks because I wanted one for my new rehab praxis. Uggh!
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Just found out that Vitaglide is no longer being produced. Sucks because I wanted one for my new rehab praxis. Uggh!
    Wonder what happened? I use mine on level 2 20-25 nonstop day to rehab shouder and burn calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Wheeler View Post
    Wonder what happened? I use mine on level 2 20-25 nonstop day to rehab shouder and burn calories.
    I heard they were bought out and the new owners stopped production. Blah!
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer