Thread: I didn't want to see 'Avatar" withouthout my son

I didn't want to see 'Avatar" withouthout my son

I went to see 'AVATAR' today. My Son could not go because he again is in rehab. He is the reason I went alone. I told him over a year ago this movie would be important.
    I am not just a mommy. I refuse to just be. I am sick and tired of non. I must tell...I sat and sat there. I wanted to get up and leave many times.
    I think anyone dealing with a wheelchair should see this movie.
    My tears came down my face for almost 3 hours. Silent but loud to me.

It was a awesome movie, but I did feel awkward about the chair scenes. Felt like the whole audience would turn n look at me. Had my son with me, 5 years old, big bowl of popcorn a big coke n a pretzel n cheese. I'm sure if anyone did turn to look they were amused. I need to see it again, maybe i'll catch the noon showing w/o so many people.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs View Post
    It was a awesome movie, but I did feel awkward about the chair scenes. Felt like the whole audience would turn n look at me. Had my son with me, 5 years old, big bowl of popcorn a big coke n a pretzel n cheese. I'm sure if anyone did turn to look they were amused. I need to see it again, maybe i'll catch the noon showing w/o so many people.
    What exactly is it that you suspect people are thinking?

I saw Avatar yesterday and I doubt anyone gave me a second thought.

Yah honestly if you watch the movie and your just a regular person with no connection to anyone in a wheelchair I doubt you would feel anything really.

I mean its magical but only if your in the chair do you think being in the chair was a big part of the movie or thats what I felt anyways.

Most people I think were just amazed at the whole environment of the movie.

At the end I was like LOL really? if we couldn't all be that lucky. But I still loved the moovie. I want to go see it again.

The part that actually hit me kind of deep was when he sunk his feet into the sand and moved them around just loving the feeling. When he did that I almost felt like I could feel the hot sand and then the colder wet ground under it going through my toes. Little things like that impressed me about the movie.
    Last edited by mr_coffee; 01-29-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post

Nothin in-particular. Wasn't concerned about that as much as I was passing the coke n popcorn back n forth to my son n the dark.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

2154 not a regular person

the toes in the earth was very powerful...I pray every day my son could have my feet.
    I went alone on purpose...noon 3D show.
    What kept me crying was the date ..I think it was circa 2154.
    Please God do not let this go on until 2154.

Red face

Okay, I have to find time to see this movie. Not knowing anything about it, didn't think anything about my son seeing 'a' movie 2x's but perhaps I understand more now.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post

hmmm, cuz ya saw it in the city, silly!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Just saw it today, in 3D, gad what a show.(Even with the obvious political overtones) By the way, did you jump when the canister flew at you?