Thread: if a para

if a para

can walk with a walker is he still consider paralized no b and b though

yes. somethings are still affected. (I can walk some,) and stand. but there is still a line of injury. just m.o.p, though, i 'm not a DR. But, are incomplete para.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    yes. somethings are still affected. (I can walk some,) and stand. but there is still a line of injury. just m.o.p, though, i 'm not a DR. But, are incomplete para.
    thanks my caretaker who is studing to be lpn was a hospial and 1 of her patients is a para

lol the rn said because he could walk sort of he was not she ask me i thought he would be
    still due to b b

I agree with jody. My understanding is that the determination hinges on whether there is significant impairment that affects the ability of the limbs to function.

For example, you don't need to have zero use of your arms to be considered quadriplegic/tetraplegic -- a significant loss of function in the hands that impairs their ability to function makes them quads instead of paras.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

HC, you are correct. I have two injuries, c-4-5-6 and L-4-5-S1, I'm considered an incomplete quad. I still have use of all four limbs, but all is affected. You use the highest injury to determine whether you are quad or para.

Since the surgeries, I can only walk with a walker and have to use the wc to go somewhere, but am hoping my legs can get stronger and I'll be able to use a cane again. It took quite some time after the neck surgery, so I still have hope.

The description I read hinged on the word affected.
    Quad if 4 limbs are affected. Para if 2 limbs are affected.

It didn't say how much, or how.

wow, that would make me a quad now. what a smack that was.