Thread: One of those mornings

One of those mornings

We all have bad days or parts of the days........my started this morning getting out of bed. Well, I couldn't......took me 25 minutes to get out of my bed into my chair. I normally do not do a normal transfer out of bed, I normally push myself up on a stool and lean on it to kinda stretch out, then swivel my butt and legs around and plop onto my chair. Well this morning I couldn't do it, I tried probably 10 different times and just couldn't do it. So I said phuck it, I'm transferring the easy way and got in the chair. So then I had the same problem getting into the bathroom which is not accessible other than an ADA toilet and a shower bench. Normally I push up on the stool, then with my arms wiggle myself around to the toilet or shower bench. For the life of me I couldn't do that either this morning.......so I just got a kitchen chair put it in the bathroom, put my wheelchair in it's normal position in the bathroom door opening and slid over on the chair and then onto the toilet. By this time it's 4am and I have to be in my truck by 4:30 in order to get to work on time. So I'm worn the heck out from just getting out of bed and onto the toilet. So I did a quick shower in the sink, washed my hair, pits, etc. and didn't get in the truck until 4:45. I did the pity thing for a couple minutes and THOUGHT about feeling sorry for myself, but stopped before I started.

So I rushed to work, gulped down my coffee and now I feel better and proud of myself for not giving up. Cause it would have been easy as hell to just work from home today or call in sick, THAT'S how bad my morning was going. But I've accomplished my challenge of the day, independently!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Some days this SCI thing is not nearly as much fun as it looks to people who see us roll by with a smile on our face. Most people think that not being able to walk is the whole story.

Some crumble, some push through. You're the second kind.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Rock on larry. Your strong.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Way to perservere. I'm proud of you.

Hope your day gets lots easier!

Lar, you are one of the people here that I truly look up to. This is one of the reasons why, I guess. Don't let it get you down, Bud, and just think about what gourmet offering you are going to feed me vicariously for dinner. Your posts always pop me up.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Hey, just think, in 8 hrs you get to do it all over again! Hah, just kidding, ya know some days are like that, and ya just gotta keep on, keeping on. good day to ya, guy.

Skipped the Vitaglide when I got home last night as I feel my problems yesterday could have been related and I was burning myself out! Got up this morning, no problems! So the next time you're having a hard time, remember, tomorrow is another day and will get better!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    Skipped the Vitaglide when I got home last night as I feel my problems yesterday could have been related and I was burning myself out! Got up this morning, no problems! So the next time you're having a hard time, remember, tomorrow is another day and will get better!

Wonderful advice. Glad you didn't let a bad day get you down.

I try to remember a line that one of my junior high school teachers made us recite at the beginning of each class: "Today is a new day. I can either use it or throw it away..." I can't remember the rest of it (it was from 6th grade) but it is still so true today.

I'm glad you got through day and that you're have a better day today!!