Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Quickie Q7

That is an okay looking chair.

Quote Originally Posted by GinoL View Post
    I have a Quickie and Q7 and I am very pleased with it! It weighs 17.8 lbs with the cushion and also handles very well. If you have any questions I can try to answer them for you.
    Sounds like it is light too.

So far, it looks to be a very good value for its level of performance and light weight. I do find the caster housing to be located a tad too far outboard on the Q7's I have seen.

There are two choices for the angle that the caster housing comes off of the front frame--"Setting 1" and "Setting 2". Setting 2 is more swept back, but is still less than the angle on the GT, GT, and most other cantilevered frames.

Per Sunrise,
    In addition, new caster setting options for small caster wheels make it possible to place casters further away from the center of gravity, which in turn makes the chair easier to maneuver.
    Believe it or not, both of these 18" wide Q7's were produced with caster setting 2 (the more swept back position).

When using the green demo around work, I find myself running into things with the caster/fork that I would easily clear in my ZRc. While setting 1 might result in better maneuverability with a 3 or 4 caster in an open area, any increase in responsiveness is more than offset by the larger footprint--at least with the "classic" frame. It may be more-beneficial on the shorter standard frame, however, I have not yet had the opportunity to determine whether this is indeed the case.

Have any recent owners encountered similar issues?

Looks like the way that caster sticks out on the green chair would definately be an issue running into door frames, especially with the fairly narrow doors I have in my house. I do like the way the chair looks though, I'd definately go with the setup on the orange chair if I were to buy one. Wheelchairs sure have come a long ways.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Looks like the way that caster sticks out on the green chair would definately be an issue running into door frames, especially with the fairly narrow doors I have in my house. I do like the way the chair looks though, I'd definately go with the setup on the orange chair if I were to buy one. Wheelchairs sure have come a long ways.
    Problem is, it is the same set up as far as "caster setting" selection goes (Both are "Setting 2"). This pic compares the Q7 to a GTi which has the same front frame angle, caster, and frame inset...

Is it possible they goofed and sent you the Caster Setting 1 instead? It definitely looks like if the casters were any farther forward on the green chair something would be completely off...
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

I'm not digging the look of the chair especially the front view and like SCI-OTR mentioned about the casters, that would bug me if the chair bumped into things.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    When using the green demo around work, I find myself running into things with the caster/fork that I would easily clear in my ZRc.
    Have any recent owners encountered similar issues?
    I had the same problem at the first time, this time not so often anymore. The forks are very wide away from the footrest, much more than by the most other chairs. With some practice it's better and I know that I can't drive small passages so closed to. You can also choose a smaller casters.
    Last edited by kulmule; 02-03-2010 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    Is it possible they goofed and sent you the Caster Setting 1 instead? It definitely looks like if the casters were any farther forward on the green chair something would be completely off...
    I'm checking, but it shouldn't even be possible to select setting 1 with 2" of frame inset.

My Q7 has a 2 inch inset and caster setting at 2. I am using 4 x 1.5 soft rolls with single sided forks and find this to be no problem at all. I have not bumped into anything with this setting, I actually find it very stable when leaning forward so that I don't wind up doing a face plant tipping over forward. Maybe the 2 inch inset makes the difference. It is a standard frame with 85 degree footrest.
    I actually had more problems with my Quickie Revolution casters sticking out too far. I ended up mounting the casters inside the brackets and problem was solved.

im not diggin that at all. i could see myself flyin down a sidewalk and hitting a un-seen concrete rise & BLAM, off caster housing goes. that looks way to fragile & bend friendly to me. especially in a alum frame.