Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dingo is ill

Sorry to hear. Dogs and really all pets become part of family. It's always hard to see them hurting. Glad he's keeping happy. I hope he gets better and you stay positive.

Aw Betheny, sorry to hear Dingo is sick. Hoping the vet has caught this in time.

DeadEye, sorry for your dog too.

Our pets are special.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Sry to hear about Dingo, hope all goes well, and u have every right to be sad. It doesn't matter how it looks to other people, anything that has touched our life and has gave us joy and fond memories deserves our love, it what makes you a good person.
    'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin

Hi Betheny,
    Sorry to hear about Dingo, he is such a cute dog. He looks like a combination of 2 of my dogs. I hope he's able to be helped with medication, he's really young. My dog Elsie has been going through heart failure since last February, the vet never thought she would last this long. They thought she would only survive a few weeks, she was very sick. They put her on a heart pill 2x a day and 3 diuretics a day and she has done really well until now. We have been taking her to have fluid drained off her abdomen every week, they usually drain about 3 pounds. She has her good and bad days, recently mostly bad so we know she won't be with us much longer. It's so hard to let her go when you see her acting perky and happy.

Deadeye; Elsie has had a few of those episodes you described, it's very scary. The vet said it's due to lack of oxygen to the brain due to heart failure. We thought it was a seizure too but our vet actually saw her during one and told us what was happening. I understand how you feel about them not making it through one, it's very scary to see. I hope you and Festus have many more happy days.

Sorry you all are going through the same thing.
    Renee

I'm so sorry for your troubles, Betheny, dogs are gifts from God.

Betheny and DE - sorry that your four legged family members are in a rough place. We know going in that our time together is limited - so why is it always so hard when it's time to part?
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

..... damn it all Bethy .... I wanna say its going to be fine because its what I want to believe for you ... however this plays out you know we've got your back either way ..... damn .... you too Deadeye .... life just plain sucks some times ...

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Sorry to hear about Dingo Bethany...but he sounds like a little trooper...and he will definitely fight!

Deadeye...I am so sorry about what your dog (and you) are going through...my dog Onyx was just 5 when we had to put her down due to a traumatic spinal cord injury that was taking away her ability to breathe on her own...it was hard to watch her go through that. Obviously your dog still wants to hang around a little longer...so here is hoping that the days ahead are pain free.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I hope he gets better - 5yrs is not enough time!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

So sorry to hear about Dingo.
    My little Toddy (7 years) was a near goner last week due to kidney failure but has miraculously bounced back thanks to a dripfeed; he's home now and we'll see how he does without drip but on meds and special food.
    I feel for you greatly and hope Dingo has more 'go' still left in him.