Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dingo is ill

just a dog? Dingo? no way! we love hearing about him, and his sweet self. many prayers for your pup beth. wishing you courage and strenth. get better soon booboo McPortlyson.

he just caries a look of importance. lovely little chap.

Dealing with the same thing Beth but my Festus is 14.5 and has had a good life. He has a big cancerous tumor in his throat, lesions in his lungs, and an enlarged heart. Came home yesterday and he met me at the back gate, bouncing around. Let him out he strolled down the driveway, trotted back up, then followed me up the ramp. I had groceries and was opening the back door when I heard a commotion behind me only to turn around and see him flailing on the ground in an apparent seizure. I knew his time had come.

But it hadn't. I burst back outside after throwing my laptop and groceries down and he was still laid out. I rubbed him and he came back around, rolled over on his belly, and seemed to gather himself. 2 mins. later he walked in the house and laid on his rug, obviously scared....

I have pain meds, etc so I'm just trying to keep him as comfortable as possible during his last days. One of these times, he won't come back.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

sorry deadeye. that is scary. dont we just love our pets.

Aw man, Betheny, it is not fair that has inflicted itself on Mr. Robust McPortylson -- I'm so sorry your furry other half is going through this. As others have said, his perkiness despite the blood deficiency is a good thing. I'll say some prayers for your puppy pal.

DeadEye
    -- how sad and frightening that must have been. It just tears my heart out to know that these creatures have to leave us sometime. I hope your boy is able to enjoy many more great days with you, free from pain and fear. I know that having you there with him will make all the difference in the world.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Bethany and Deadeye, I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I lost a dear canine baby (6 years old) to cancer a few years ago. I was shocked and devastated. I had her cremated with the intention of scattering her ashes on the lake shore where I used to take her swimming...she LOVED to swim...but I haven't had the heart to part with them. Her ashes are still in my home office. I'm not sure I'll ever be psychologically ready to spread her ashes. She was a delightful dog...lab/basset mix...an odd looking creature with a big personality that would steal your heart in a minute!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

My longest-term friend buried her son 2 weeks ago. I feel like a baby, whining over Dingo, but dayyum. DeadEye, I'm happy you've had 14.5 years of loyal friendship, but they die too soon, don't they? Danine, I've already been debating whether Dingo would belong at the family fishing hole/ash scattering spot. Borrowing trouble, I know.

I'm determined to love him through it. If love can cure, Dingo is golden.

Thanks, everybody. Cheesecake, that photo made me cry. He was just a wee little Boo back then!

Beth, I am so sorry and sad to hear this. Dingo is Dingo and nobody is like him, he is special. Hugs to all of you. I am thinking of Jake who did kick the girl out because she said Dingo was ugly. Dingo has the most cute personallity and he is so loyal.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I'm so sorry to hear this Beth. I know you love him so much.
    He's gorgeous! What a great picture. I know how faithful his love has been.
    My dog was always there for me too. Miss her so much.
    Praying she gets well.

Sorry about your dog too dead eye.

DAMN IT !! Im so sorry to hear this. I know how much it hurts to have our animals sick
    Keep us posted!