Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Australia Day!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    I tried to ignore this thread but just can't do it any more...

1. I'll take kangaroo over beef/lamb/chicken any day. It tastes better, its much better for you and its much better for our landscape. (Oh, and beef, lamb and chicken were all 'native' animals somewhere once).

2. No Aussies that I hang out with would be seen dead with a fosters and we could do without Madonna

3. We don't all see celebrating the arrival of the first boat people from Europe a particularly great thing... but I still reckon we live in the best country on earth but for different reasons.

4. the list of 'facts' is a pretty sad reflection on things we really should be celebrating - but may be true for Queenslanders....
    best have another VB then .. them green cans beat clams any day..

I tried to ignore this thread but just can't do it any more...

1. I'll take kangaroo over beef/lamb/chicken any day. It tastes better, its much better for you and its much better for our landscape. (Oh, and beef, lamb and chicken were all 'native' animals somewhere once).
    To each there own, wouldn't mind it in a stew but 9/10 times i would rather feed it to the dogs, but it is one of the healthiest meats available. I hope beef, lamb and chicken were native animals somewhere but i'm not sure any country has them as a national animal if that's what you meant. Though Portugal would be a exception which has the Barcelos Cock in which case Australia wouldn't be the only country to chow down on their own nation animal, so my bad.

2. No Aussies that I hang out with would be seen dead with a fosters and we could do without Madonna
    Yeah that's true we export the crap beer, we save the best for us

3. We don't all see celebrating the arrival of the first boat people from Europe a particularly great thing... but I still reckon we live in the best country on earth but for different reasons.
    Australia day is the anniversary of when the first settlers rocked up, and i wouldn't be here without them so i think it's worth celebrating, but it is the greatest country on earth for me atm.

4. the list of 'facts' is a pretty sad reflection on things we really should be celebrating - but may be true for Queenslanders....
    Yeah true but they were meant to be taken light hearted, if we can't laugh and make fun of ourselves who can u make fun of? But it might be just a queensland thing
    'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_wheels View Post
    Yeah true but they were meant to be taken light hearted, if we can't laugh and make fun of ourselves who can u make fun of? But it might be just a queensland thing
    To right - I can definately have a chuckle knowing that its all tongue in cheek, but when traveling o/s I have noticed an alarming number of people who actually think thats what we are.

To right - I can definately have a chuckle knowing that its all tongue in cheek, but when traveling o/s I have noticed an alarming number of people who actually think thats what we are.
    You can blame Barry Humphries for that!

Haha yeah thats true, i remember the Sydney Olympics when HG and Roy had their information booth and tourist would ask them why there wasn't any kangaroos in the streets and where was the pet shop so they could buy a Koala.

Haha Good old Sir Les Patterson
    'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin